Job Summary: As a key member of the Information Services (IS) Department, this position is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the IT infrastructure and network security. The IT Director will also be responsible for database management, application development and network administration in support of the Company’s information systems and business intelligence solutions.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Management and maintenance of all Microsoft SQL server solutions, including report development and database management.
- Monitors and maintains Microsoft Exchange, associated email services, all servers and other devices.
- Maintains viable business continuity protocol to ensure data and infrastructure redundancy, integrity and availability.
- Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing hardware and software upgrades as needed and monitoring network performance and security, including all requirement to ensure PCI compliance.
- Deploys, configures and maintains the health of various servers and network devices.
- Develops, maintains and executes technology documentation, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) compliance.
- Assists the IS Department with general support, reporting and other analytical needs.
- Has a flexible schedule and availability to support our systems in a 24x7 environment.
- Responsible for budget development and IT expense oversight and management.
- Assumes primary responsibility for IT group employee relations, including employee training, performance appraisals, coaching, counseling, and corrective action.
- Effectively builds and maintains morale, provides motivation and feedback, fosters a cohesive, productive team.
- Leads by example, provides employees with clear expectations and timely feedback; effectively delegates and follows-up with team members.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, IT or equivalent education with minimum five years of experience in an IT support role within the retail industry.
- Experienced with SQL DBA and scripting/coding (MSSQL and Informix experience is preferred).
- Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL server administration experience required. Familiarity in Unix and Linux administration preferred (SCO OpenServer, Ubuntu).
- Knowledge and understanding of the TCP/IP protocol, design, troubleshooting and solutions.
- Familiarity with supporting Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access).
- Superior oral and written communication skills required, including good punctuation, spelling and grammar. Strong interpersonal skills essential.
- Strong research capabilities.
- Gathers and applies knowledge in a meaningful manner that improves processes and/or offers additional value.
- Detail-oriented with proficient analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to learn new concepts quickly and displays effective problem solving skills.
- Able to work autonomously; self-motivated.
- Strong leadership skills; proven success as a team leader and member; proven history of personnel development. Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through; minimum two years supervisory experience preferred.
Metropolitan Market - 5 months ago