Altarum is searching for a summer Information Technology Intern to join our Corporate Information Technology (IT) Department in Washington, DC. The Information Technology Intern will be tasked with assisting our IT staff with administration within our Cisco/Juniper infrastructure, while also providing Desktop/Helpdesk support to Altarum Institute staff.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and client-centered consulting to create comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health. With the rigor of the finest research institution, consulting skills honed over more than six decades, and an abiding commitment to the public interest, Altarum Institute enables better care and better health for all people.
Altarum’s Internship Program provides interns with challenging work related to their major, encourages professional growth, and is recognized by the Institute as valuable part of our commitment to developing a talented and diverse workforce.
The IT Intern will perform administration within our Cisco/Juniper infrastructure, and be a point of contact for the following technologies:
• Firewall Administration (Cisco ASA/Palo Alto)
• VPN Administration (Cisco ASA/Palo Alto)
• Switch Administration (Cisco/Juniper)
• Wireless System Administration
• Perform Maintenance (quarterly or as needed, after hours) on all Network equipment
• Participating in the Networks Group Team within the Institute
The IT Intern will also be involved with the local Cisco VOIP Telephone system, including but not limited to Call Manager, Unity and any requisite network switches associated with the phone system.
Experience in other modern technologies that might be applied to this position would include, but are not limited to:
• Symantec EndPoint Encryption
• Unitrends Backup Software
• Compellent Storage
• IP KVM
• Microsoft SharePoint
• Microsoft Lync
• KACE Mgt Appliance
• IVR systems
• ArisG System
• Microsoft Terminal Services (Administration and Support)
The IT Intern will also be responsible for participating with the IT Team, in providing outstanding Desktop/Helpdesk support to staff both onsite and offsite, remote via telephone. Applications included in this support will include the following Microsoft Programs:
• Office 2007/2010
• Outlook/Exchange 2007/2010
• Project 2007/2010
• Visio 2007/2010
• Office Communicator/Lync
• Symantec Endpoint Encryption
• VPN Client Support
Qualified Candidates should be interested in a career in Information Technology, and have the following skill set:
• Currently enrolled in a undergraduate program of study emphasizing Information Technology or Computer Science
• Familiarity with Cisco or Network-based Administration
• Experience working in an office environment, and an interest in providing Desktop/Helpdesk support to a variety of users (both Hardware and Software)
• Knowledge of the aforementioned Microsoft and other software products
• Aptitude for quick learning
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
Altarum Institute integrates objective research and client-centered consulting skills to deliver comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health and health care. A nonprofit, Altarum Institute serves clients in the public and private sectors. Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 22 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...