The Information Technology Intern will be part of the IT team at Seventh Generation. The position will be responsible for a variety of technology infrastructure support tasks and lead at least one key project. This position will support the help desk, the network administrator and the IT director. The intern will work collaboratively on at least one project that they will be asked to research, manage and solve, and provide a presentation on their solution. The position will be assigned real-world tasks and provide valuable assistance to every part of the business. The intern experience will provide a better understanding of information technology, our company and the consumer package goods industry.
- Desktop hardware, software and peripheral upgrades, installations, problem troubleshooting and configurations
- Researching and documenting solutions and adding to the IT knowledgebase
- Day-to-day participation in a cross-functional team. Participation includes attending status meetings, creating technical writing deliverables (instructions, policies and standards), independent research, scheduling meetings with team members, hands-on software installation/configuration/administration).
- Under the guidance of the Help Desk, assist in with daily IT operations such as troubleshooting and triaging user problems and service requests
- Support Information Systems in implementing technical projects and work closely with employees to ease technology transitions
- Support of remote connectivity problems (VPN)
- Perform daily server backups and verify successful completion
- Work with team members and vendors in installation, configuration and upgrade of server and networking hardware and software
- Support of user network connectivity problems (including wireless)
- Support smart phone and mobile device configurations
- Provide employee coaching in MSOffice tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Update IT inventory
- Become proficient in using IT’s ticket tracking software to capture and resolve employee requests including laptop support
- Hands-on leadership in the implementation of at least one project
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Current undergraduate student earning a bachelor's degree in a technology and computer science related discipline such as: Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Cyber Security
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Microsoft desktop and server Operating Systems
- Office Productivity tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Hardware and software support
- TCP/IP and Wireless technology
- Mac & Linux support
- Strong communication and customer service abilities
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- A track record of outstanding academic performance
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Instant Messaging, Video and Web conferencing.
- Comfortable with performing hands-on technical support
- Fast-paced environment
- Community requires active engagement in mission, vision, and values
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualified applicants should send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
Seventh Generation - 2 years ago
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment....