This is a franchise job posting,
Information Technology Manager, Scrub Island Resort Spa & Marina Autograph Collection®, Tampa Florida
Please do not apply for this job online. Please contact the property directly at
or via email at
Talent Acquisition Solutions
Recruiting Operations and Delivery on behalf of Marriott International, Inc.
Information Technology Manager
Corporate IT Director
Scrub Island Information Technology Manager provides overall management of all computer, servers, telephones, TV’s, and Audio Visual for Scrub Island. This position takes IT lead role in resort projects and corporate IT initiatives, and provides direction and support for Scrub Island.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Devises the overall IT framework - procedures, practices, procurement strategies and the setting up and maintenance of the IT infrastructure encompassing telecommunication systems and networks, Internet connectivity links and networks, computers/hardware, software systems, audio visual systems, applications and data centers.
- Analyzes technology needs to determine scope and priorities of projects, system capacity and new installations of software or hardware.
- Manage and participate in all IT/Telecom product evaluation, development, and implementation efforts for new construction of villas.
- Liaises and engages with external IT vendors, suppliers, outsourcing partners and software developers to buy IT assets and ensures the smooth running of the organizational IT infrastructure.
- Showcases sound negotiation skills to leverage organizational purchasing power and to get the best possible deals for hardware/systems procurement and other IT tariffs/rates.
- Financial management of both the IT departments and their related revenues and expenses.
- Lead strategic product and service development efforts to create a guest-centric atmosphere
- Communicates and manages corporate and local IT policies.
- Develops, maintains and tests emergency plans.
- Provides end user support when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Aid and assist convention service team with av sales, location set up and breakdowns
· BA or BS degree in Computer Science/IT preferred
· Additional IT certifications preferred. CCNA, HFTP Certification, etc.
· Experience in hospitality technologies and software
o Micros Opera Property Management System
o Micros Point of Sale
o System Interfaces
- Minimum of 5 years in hospitality industry
- Minimum of 5 years in IT industry
- Project management experience
- Strong knowledge in these systems required:
- Cisco Call Manager
- Cisco Wireless
- Cisco POE switches
- Cisco Routers
- Audio\Visual Systems
- Symantec Anti-virus
- Symantec Backup exec
- Strong knowledge in Cat5,Cat6, and fiber.
- Strong understanding of general networking, routing, and Microsoft Active Directory
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Server 2003 -2012
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Strong level of communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work after normal business hours, weekends and holidays as required.
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be reliable and possess good organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task.
Marriott - 6 months ago