THIS POSITION IS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING IN KILGORE, TEXAS **PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS OPEN FOR DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY. FEE-BASED AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.** General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is seeking a highly motivated Information Technology Manager for our Kilgore, Texas facility. This position will report to the Division IT Manager and will be responsible for leading a team of analysts, developers, system administrators and technicians maintaining existing systems and the development and implementation of new technical solutions to support our growing business. Primary Job Responsibilities: • Support company strategic goals and initiatives, by working closely with business management to gather requirements, leverage existing IT capabilities, identify needed improvements to existing IT capabilities and set realistic expectations for the delivery of new capabilities. • Provide day-to-day supervision, mentor team members and delegate work assignments. • Promote team building and work to provide growth paths for staff. • Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT support staff. • Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing systems and software packages. • Responsible for the ordering, acquisition and inventory management of hardware and software. • Ensure high availability of IT systems and resources. • Ensure the availability, continuity and security of company data and information by adhering to information security policies and procedures. • Actively participate in enterprise strategic planning and budgeting. • Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other organizations, ensuring the IT organization is well received and presented professionally and positively. This position is with General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Government Systems, Inc., but which operationally reports into General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. Benefit packages and policies of General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies may vary from those available at General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
• 5+ years of IT experience with at least 3 years experience in a management or leadership role.
• Microsoft, Cisco or other relevant industry certifications are a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong project management skills, including prioritization, planning and coordination between multiple functional project teams.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
• Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member and leader. Must be able to coordinate amongst various groups and functional teams.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to adapt to changing business priorities and operational demands.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft client and server technologies.
• Experience with Unix / Linux is a plus.
• Solid understanding and experience troubleshooting server/desktop/laptop hardware.
• Knowledge of networking technologies and protocols, including TCP/IP, SMTP, SSH, VLANs, wireless and WANs.
• Knowledge of basic information security principles.
Only qualified candidates will be considered for these positions. To apply, those candidates must submit a resume to our website at http://www.gdsatcom.com. You must specifically identify the requisition by number as the position of interest. Generally, a resume will remain active in our database for 90 days.
Please note that computer resources/web access is available at local state job services, libraries and other public locations.
Internal candidates may apply using the following link:
No Clearance Required
General Dynamics C4 Systems - 18 months ago
General Dynamics C4 Systems specializes in command and control, communications networking, rugged computing, information assurance and cyber...