Take your career to the next level at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a diverse federal agency that delivers the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services to government and the American people. We manage approximately 350 million square feet of buildings and work spaces, and a third of the federal government's fleet of vehicles, with a focus on efficiency and sustainability. A vast amount of goods and services flow through our schedules program, credit cards, travel services, and more. With employment opportunities as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
THIS POSITION MAY BE FILLED ON A VIRTUAL/SATELLITE BASIS AT THE EMPLOYEE'S CURRENT DUTY LOCATION.
Salary can range from $96,690.00 to $148,806.00 You can check the pay for your location at www.opm.gov .
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.As an IT Specialist, you will be involved in the development and delivery of integrated technical and acquisition solutions to meet the information technology (IT) requirements of current and potential ITS customers. This position is located in the Office of the Commissioner FAS, Office of Integrated Technology Services, Center for GWAC Programs 1800 F ST NW WASHINGTON DC 20405-0001.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Apply online (See How to Apply section.)
- As a recognized expert in the federal and commercial sectors, provides high-level technical consultation for one or more vertical categories to customer agencies, ITS Portfolio, and other GSA organizations, based on a deep understanding of the information technology and associated marketplace.
- Serves as a technology liaison between customer agencies and the ITS Portfolio. Provides program and resource management advice on a wide range of information technology projects and procurements relating to the management and delivery of a wide range of IT solutions and services to government customers worldwide. Analyses existing technology and performs product research to ascertain what near-future technology can develop to address customers’ projected service requirements.
- Plans, develops, coordinate and performs market research, from a technological perspective, on a wide range of Information Technology products, services and solutions to assist program managers in making effective decisions in determining appropriate IT product offerings and services.
- Provides expertise in assessing the feasibility, and managing the implementation, of emerging information technologies and services within the Federal community and provides cost benefit analysis of future technology solutions to address customer needs.
- Leads the development of innovative strategic business development and customer engagement activities for one or many broad vertical IT categories including: transport (telecommunications/network services, satellite, wireless); storage, capacity, processing (hosting/data center); applications/software; end user/enterprise consumer services (management consulting and integration services); and IT security.
- Develops and implements customer engagement business plans, business case analysis templates, performance measures, and benchmarking studies. Creates and maintains partnership initiatives with customers, contractors, and other commercial partners.
- Provides project leadership to ad hoc customer engagement project teams. Develops work projects for the team based on ongoing analysis of business activities. Assigns project responsibilities to team members and determines the approach to be taken and the extent of review and analysis required. Develops fact-finding plans and coordinates work accomplished by team members. Coordinates projects with other ITS programs and business lines and resolves conflicts that arise.
- Keeps abreast of ITS Portfolio’s competitors and changing Federal IT marketplace conditions. Analyzes and evaluates the overall market for ITS products and services, economic trends, industry trends, and buyer behaviors in order to identify potential business opportunities.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders to align strategy and activities to realize synergies and minimize redundancies.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $96,690.00 per year, if you meet the following qualifications. You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.Applicants applying for the GS-14 grade level must meet the following requirements: Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service as listed below:
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
Specialized Experience: Specialized experience is experience providing program and resource management advice on a wide range of Information Technology (IT) projects and procurements; expert knowledge in planning, research, evaluation, development, and assessing the feasibility of emerging technologies and services; coordination of IT programs and processes; and preparing requests for future IT procurement initiatives, including cost benefit analysis.
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant investigates and evaluates 'state of the art' technology of the industry.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant persuades others to take a particular course of action or to accept findings, recommendations, changes, or alternative viewpoints.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant identifies and accommodates technology and resource constraints.
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Serve a one year probationary period (unless you have previously satisfied this requirement).
- Be able to make a direct deposit of your salary check to a financial organization.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- If you are not a current GSA employee, you must complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 to determine identity and employment (work status) eligibility. GSA will verify the information through the DHS e-Verify automated system. Any identified discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Undergo a background investigation and receive favorable adjudication. This position has been designated as a Public Trust Position.
- supervisory or managerial probationary period, unless this has been previously fulfilled.
- Be able to travel occasionally on official business.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Category Rating procedure is being used to rate candidates. If you are found qualified for the position, your responses to the self assessment vacancy questions will be used to place you in one of the following categories: Qualified, Well Qualified, Best Qualified. Your responses to the vacancy questions must be supported by your resume or the Human Resources Specialist may adjust your responses lower. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Appropriate documentation must be received to adjudicate veterans' preference. You will be evaluated on the vacancy related questions that were designed to assess your overall possession of the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Skill in developing scopes of work functional design criteria, evaluating proposals, verifying and accepting deliverables, presenting information, cost estimating, extrapolating trends and goal setting.
Ability to recommend, review and approve options for system acquisition approaches, estimate required staff resources, and implement reporting mechanisms to all stakeholders.
Ability to perform technical analysis and management of IT acquisitions and contracts.
Ability to identify and document business requirements for analysis and planning.
Skill in decision making, facilitating meetings, information gathering, analysis, organizing, motivating, and delegating project activities.
Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate in written and oral form in a clear and concise manner.
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions on how to access and complete the assessment(s). Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing. If you are an Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan eligible or a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified (minimum score or 85) to receive priority. ICTAP/CTAP
To preview questions please click here .
GSA offers a comprehensive benefits package. To explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees, see Benefits .
For information on temporary and term appointments including benefits, go to Temporary & Term Appointments .
-Bargaining Unit status: NONE
-Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
-Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
usajobs.gov - 10 months ago
- 2 days ago
B&T Applications Specialist
North Carolina Office of State Human Resources
Wake County, NC
North Carolina Office of State Human Resources
- 1 day ago
SQL Data Analyst (Entry-level)
Revenue Solutions, Inc.
Revenue Solutions, Inc.
- 30+ days ago