The George Mason University, Information Technology Unit ( ITU ), Division of Instructional Technology (DoIT) is searching for a qualified System Administrator.
The Computing Services Team is a division of Classroom and Lab Technologies ( CALT ) that supports all computer systems in university classrooms and labs, as well as the Virtual Computing Lab ( VCL ). The successful System Administrator will be responsible for maintaining all assigned server and application systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for the support of system management applications, a SharePoint site, and many more. The selected System Administrator will also be asked to work on a number of development projects as well, and to include the VCL .
This position requires the following skills and experience:
The following is preferred:
- Associate degree in computer science, math or information technology, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Experience administering Microsoft Windows Server;
- Experience managing multiple server systems on a daily basis; and
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills.
Review of applications will begin on May 4, 2012.
- Microsoft or other relevant certifications;
- Experience with the setup and maintenance of a SharePoint site;
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server;
- Experience with data backup and disaster recovery;
- Administration of Linux-based servers;
- Knowledge of computer management software suites such as Altiris or Microsoft SCCM ; and
- Software development experience utilizing languages such as C#, PHP , PERL , HTML , and the SharePoint SDK .
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02426z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online staff application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references with contact information.
For Full Consideration, Apply by:
May 4, 2012
Mason Ad Statement
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
People choose to work at George Mason University for many reasons, and there are even more reasons why they stay for a career including the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Mason embodies many things, but underlying it all is a commitment to flexibility, creativity, autonomy, and making a difference. Add that to a robust benefits package, a commitment to flexibility as well as work/life options, the opportunity for personal and professional development and you have a career in balance at Mason!
Enrollment is over 32,000, with students studying in over 198 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William.
George Mason University, Where Innovation Is Tradition!
George Mason University is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.
George Mason University - 20 months ago