Information Technology Specialist
GIS Data Maintenance & Analysis
$48,332 - $72,498 + Excellent Benefits
Pinellas County Government is seeking an Information Technology Specialist specializing in ESRI Arc Desktop. This is professional work tactical in nature and includes intermediate analytical and technical work in information technology serving county affiliates, departments and organizations. This position involves maintaining, analyzing and mapping production of GIS countywide data, in the local government model of ESRI Arc Desktop. Employees in this class are expected to identify and resolve minor work problems of a nature that some lower level employees are unable to solve or overcome. Work requires creative and original thinking and is performed under the direction of more senior professional staff with considerable latitude for individual and team initiative, judgment, and discretion in working with customers to determine hardware, maintain functioning operations, as well as to achieve business objectives.
- 5 years of technical and professional experience in information technology in the assigned subject matter tasks that includes customer service experience or training; or
- Associate's degree in information technology, computer science, computer technology, or related field and 3 years experience as described above; or
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year experience as described above; or
- An equivalent combination of related education, training, and/or experience.
Additional Requirements: Candidate must have experience with ESRI Arc 10.x Desktop software, primarily data editing tools, along with some knowledge of Arc extensions such as Workflow Manager, Spatial Analyst and Data Reviewer. Familiarity with metadata, map production and countywide local government GIS data is desirable.
Appointing Authority May Also Require:
- Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver's License and endorsement, if any.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Candidate to demonstrate competence and/or possess certifications in one or more specific IT functions.
- Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
This recruitment will remain open until filled.
All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.
Pinellas County, FL - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard