Job Summary: As a key member of the Information Services (IS) Department, this position carries out two core functions: dedicated systems administration and business intelligence support. Systems administration involves managing the IT infrastructure, including Active Directory, Exchange, databases, and associated application development.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Manages and maintains all Microsoft SQL server solutions, including report development and database management.
- Maintains reporting solutions and leads new business intelligence projects for data warehousing and reporting.
- Facilitates migration projects to transition from legacy line-of-business applications to solutions that deliver more business insight and value.
- Monitors and maintains Microsoft Exchange, associated e-mail services, servers, and other devices.
- Maintains viable business continuity protocol to ensure data and infrastructure redundancy, integrity, and availability.
- Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing hardware and software upgrades as needed, and monitoring network performance and security, including all requirements to ensure PCI compliance.
- Deploys, configures, and maintains the health of various servers and network devices.
- Develops, maintains, and executes technology documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts auditing for Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) compliance.
- Assists the IS Department with general support, reporting, and other analytical needs.
- Has a flexible schedule and availability to support our systems in a 24/7 environment.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, IT, or a related field, or a minimum of three years experience in an IT support role preferably within the retail industry.
- Familiarity with Unix and Linux administration (SCO OpenServer, Ubuntu).
- Experienced with SQL DBA (MSSQL and Informix experience is preferred).
- Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL server administration experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the TCP/IP protocol, design, troubleshooting, and solutions.
- Familiarity with supporting Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research capabilities.
- Gathers and applies knowledge in a meaningful manner that improves processes and/or offers additional value.
- Detail oriented with proficient analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to learn new concepts quickly, and displays effective problem solving skills.
- Able to work autonomously; self-motivated.
Metropolitan Market - 16 months ago