Job Classification/Job Category: Infrared Signature Engineer
Clearance Level: Secret
Period of Performance: 1 year
Job Description: Predict and Evaluate the Infrared signature of missiles and rocket motor plumes in endo and exo-atmospheric flight conditions in support of ballistic missile defense technology development. Create innovative IR prediction numerical simulation capabilities.
List, in order of importance what a person in this position is expected to do and estimate the amount of time spent on each task .
· Use these numerical models to predict the signature of missiles and rocket motor plumes in endo and exo-atmospheric flight conditions in support of ballistic missile defense technology development.
· Develop and extend the capabilities of codes used for intensive numerical calculations and associated graphical applications using C/C++ in the Linux/Unix operating systems
· Compute aerotherma response of missiles and high temperature chemically reacting plumes to derive IR signatures
· Compare predictions with flight test data and literature
· Document results in technical memoranda and papers, present findings to government agencies and flight test mission planners
MS Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related science. High knowledgeable in one of the following areas: Radiation transport, thermochemical ablation, aerothermal heating, reacting flows, plume IR missions, turbulence and diffusion.