Organization: Technology Growth Platform
Location: Reston, VA
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Accenture's Services workforce is a dedicated team of people who work on outsourcing engagements. These are long-term partnerships with clients for whom we manage and provide increasingly specialized business operations, such as finance and accounting, IT, applications development and maintenance, helpdesk services, and HR. We not only maintain key business functions for clients, we constantly seek to improve them to help our clients move ahead of the competition.
The Infrastructure & Security Specialist provides security expertise to the Technology Operations and Support Delivery Group for a specific SDO. The Security Support Specialist provides the day-to-day support for security processes within the SDO. The primary responsibility of the Security Support Specialist is to ensure security processes and requirements are met.
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve efficiency
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs
- Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status
- Coordinate implementation of computer system plan with personnel and outside vendors
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers
- Document computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests
- Participate in audits as required
5 years of general infrastructure security experience including firewalls, OS patching, vulnerability management
4 years experience with security tools including penetration and vulnerability testing
3 years experience with Micosoft security patching and 3 years of Symantec virus definition releases
2 years of experience with ArcSight, SourceFire and Tripwire applications
2 years of client facing security experience in an outsourced service delivery environment
10 years IT experience
Ability to draft clear and well-written process documents
Professional Skill Requirements:
Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
Proven ability managing a complex security release process
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accenture - 2 years ago
For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers a...