Use your understanding of industry standards and best practices to provide direction in the area of computing, storage, backup, and monitoring. In this role, you will work across all core infrastructures (server, storage, network, and applications) to recommend solutions or improvements for current and future projects and processes.
- Design production, staging, development, and disaster recovery environments
- Establish standards, policies, and procedures within the infrastructure architecture domain
- Analyze technical requirements to determine systems design, potential issues, and cost for projects
- Examine the risks and benefits associated with a solution
- Lead the development and on-going maturity of Esri’s virtualization and cloud computing strategy, including but not limited to hypervisor, virtual desktops, application virtualization, networking, storage, backup, replication, DR, systems monitoring and management
- Enable orchestration and automation to build a private cloud platform with a public cloud connection to enable hybrid cloud functionality including scalability, DR, and cost management
- Build and establish a world class infrastructure to support the implementation of Infrastructure-as-a-Service and service catalogs for compute, storage, and backup
- Create and maintain Infrastructure Reference Architectures
- Provide input and recommendations for the following services: servers, storage, backup, monitoring, disaster recovery, and operational readiness
- Create reports and present key infrastructure metrics to IST leadership
- Provide support for business critical escalations as needed
- Bachelor's in computer science or a technology related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing, building, and supporting large IT enterprise environments
- Minimum of five years of experience utilizing tools for high availability and redundancy with concentration in virtualization and cloud environment
- Practical working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Storage platform expertise with IBM, NetApp, Dell, Hitachi HDS
- Experience with SAN fabric background with Brocade
- Backup familiarity with CommVault
- Enterprise monitoring experience with hands-on involvement at the application performance level
- Working knowledge of database management systems and optimal storage configurations
- Understanding of security best practices
- Proven expertise with:
- VMware vSphere 4 & 5, vCenter, Ops Center, vCloud, vCAC, HA/DRS clustering
- Fiber Channel, NFS, FCoE, and iSCSI storage protocols
- Server and storage virtualization
- Virtualization resource management
- Business continuance and disaster recovery solutions
- Cloud services such as AWS and Azure
- Strong project management experience including planning, coordination, tracking, and management of issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to articulate technically complex concepts to non-technical and managerial audiences
- Solid interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...