Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Infrastructure Architect to join our team . Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
The Infrastructure Architect is responsible for ensuring that server, storage, network, and security needs are architected for total reliability, scalability and performance. The Sr. Infrastructure Architect is responsible for understanding industry standards and best practices, keeping current with industry trends and emerging technologies across all infrastructure foundations (server, storage, network, data, and applications) in order to recommend improvements and enhancements to existing and all future implementations and to set the direction for future projects and processes. The primary focus is high transaction volume customer impacting or facing entertainment as a service systems and the development environments that support them, although some back office infrastructure is in scope.
Other Key Relationships:
Works closely with Executive Producers, TS Operations, Business sponsors, domain experts, Technology Project Managers, Technology Producers, Development Supervisors, Quality Assurance Supervisors, Digital Executives, Hasbro Corporate Technology Department, and Technology Operations Supervisors
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Interact with internal and external technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to availability, functionality, performance, reliability, repeatability, and scalability. – 10%
- Articulate and mediate tradeoffs related to scalability, manageability, testability, security, maintainability, usability, functionality, cost, and time. Establishes criteria for measuring these items in development and production as they relate to infrastructure components. – 25%
- Deliver designs that meet business requirements and the needs of development and technical implementation and operation teams. – 20%
- Participate in development of architectural strategy, including technology standardization and modernization.
- Develop multi-year capability and technology road maps. -10%
- Develop design standards and guidelines, and mentor other architects and engineers on best practices. -15%
- Continually monitor and engage with internal and external consumers of our shared technology foundations and drive improved user satisfaction release over release. – 5%
- Contribute to feature prioritization and systems architecture. – 10%
- Align architectural strategy with business objectives and architectural principles. – 5%
- Communicates well with team members to earn trust, persuade, motivate, and mentor
- Demonstrate Technical Infrastructure Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
- Demonstrate the ability to strategically analyze the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with a solution.
- Multi-task multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressured environment.
- Communicate/coordinate architecture and strategy throughout the enterprise and with 3rd party development agencies, ensuring compliance with overall strategic direction
- Works effectively with the architect handling technical issues, and the manager handling administrative issues
- Educate internal teams on adoption of architecture principles and standards, reference models, and processes affecting system designs and technology selections
Prior Related Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- 4-6 years technology and architecture experience on enterprise or large consumer scale systems
- 12-14 years of experience, at least 4 of which have been in a architecture or system configuration role
- 4+ years' experience as an Infrastructure Architect, with concentration around servers, storage, networking, and ITaaS technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Must be well versed in and have experience with software development and QA standards, IT policies and procedures, and technology standards
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (Azure, S3, EC2, VMware, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work with others.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
Physical Requirements: Office environment, a ble to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...