Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT is a dynamic company that provides hospitals and medical centers with world-class healthcare information solutions. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment in which dedication and innovation are rewarded and where individuals can make a difference in the lives of patients. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions!
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and certification of infrastructure. The Engineer implements and supports various projects in voice/data systems that utilize fiber, copper, RF mediums and the associated branch circuitry, racks/frames, and pathways. He/she provides the designs and changes to all mechanical devices that support the computer room, including electrical power, air conditioning, battery systems, uninterruptible power supply, and generators. Additionally the engineer allocates physical space for cabinetry and individual devices. The Infrastructure Engineer provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Inspect construction and installation progress for conformity to the established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Responsible for layout and configuration of new or altered mechanical equipment associated with the Computer Room.
- Oversees the design, acquisition, implementation, maintenance, and administration of the structured cable environment.
- Maintain the sound performance of the cable infrastructure and troubleshoot issues with the existing cable and branch circuitry.
- Designs facilities changes for computer room and client-site layouts.
- Coordinate and work with the network engineers on defining criteria for layout needs.
- Provide project management for new implementations, rollouts, upgrades, and moves.
- Field incident calls related to the fiber and copper infrastructure or power.
- Document and review all planning and implemented designs for the facility.
- Emerging Health is a professional services organization with a matrix reporting structure. Project based associates may be assigned to differentiating roles on client engagements as necessary.
- Oversee cabling aspects for special projects including procurement, budgets, schedules, standards enforcement, statement of work, and vendor management.
Develops criteria and performance specification.
- Work with the appropriate trade engineer to troubleshoot and fix problems.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Design and engineering of structured cabling systems.
- Interpretation of building construction, electrical, and infrastructure blueprints
- Knowledge of general methods and materials used in the construction industry, specific to the hospital environment.
- Cabling and telecom standards
Emerging Health Information Technology - 10 months ago