Reporting directly to the VP of IT, Corner Bakery Cafe has an opportunity for an Infrastructure Manager to help design, implement, and support the company’s IT Infrastructure strategy. We are looking for someone who is capable of performing both the role of a thought leader able to assess the current state and help define the future state as well as someone who is a hands-on tactical player able to implement and support all facets of the company’s Infrastructure including the in-store networks, the home office network, and the systems and security elements contained within. This position requires a highly motivated individual with solid experience managing the daily IT Infrastructure needs of a growing company in a fast-paced environment.
The Infrastructure Manager will own the company’s infrastructure, from design to implementation through maintenance of the physical networks, desktop and laptop computers, servers, operating systems, firewalls, Internet connectivity, business applications, and information and data security. This position is also responsible for managing third-party vendors (and their SLAs) who provide network services, core business applications, and system functionality.
The Infrastructure Manager will support the infrastructure needs for 150+ restaurant locations, as well as over 100 corporate office and mobile users. The Infrastructure Manager will be “hands-on” and must be up-to-date with network and system administration skills, and must be highly proficient in all aspects of network, system, and data security policies and protocols. The position will be required to participate in an after-hours support rotation schedule.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, monitor, and continually evaluate the network architecture across the Corner Bakery Cafe enterprise. This includes planning, developing,
installing, configuring, and optimizing all local and wide area networks, VoIP, Internet, Intranet, and other data communication platforms
- Complete full assessment of current state of network, evaluate options and products, and implement new technologies as applicable
- Configure, install, and maintain routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, VPN, etc.
- Design, implement, and maintain a capacity management system continually monitoring network load and performance and take action appropriately
- Ensure enterprise is leveraging fault tolerance, redundancy, scalability, performance, and cost efficiency best practices where necessary
- Troubleshoot and resolve all network issues in timely manner
- Maintain user accounts, e-mail addresses & folder permissions in Active Directory and Exchange Server
- Monitor and administer recurring backup tasks to ensure all data is adequately protected and recoverable (including all SQL databases)
- Support server software including Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Citrix and VMware
- Perform basic user adds, moves and changes on Avaya IP Office phone system
- Configure, install and support desktop/laptop computers, mobile phones, tablet devices, printers and scanners
- Develop, deploy and maintain standard hard drive images for laptop/desktop computers and POS terminals
- Create and manage Active Directory group policies to support a consistent desktop/laptop environment
- Support desktop applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Forefront Security & Dynamics GP
- Create packages/scripts to automate the deployment of software applications and updates
- Ensure all systems are current with applicable security and anti-virus updates
- Respond to incoming Home Office help desk tickets from users needing assistance with hardware and software
- Follow all support issues to full resolution, providing after-hours support where appropriate
Policies, Procedures, and Documentation
- Responsible for ensuring the secure operation of all systems in the enterprise
- Proactive monitoring and reporting of security event data
- Vulnerability management, documentation, and remediation
- Research vendors and products and implement solutions which meet the needs of the business while maintaining security standards
- Establish, implement, and ensure compliance of Corner Bakery Cafe IT Security Policies
- Ensure compliance of industry standard Security Policies (PCI-DSS, SOX, etc.)
Training & Development
- Champion continuous process improvement, performance management, and metrics-driven results
- Maintain necessary documentation of network topology, system configurations, service requests, and update resolution databases on a regular basis.
- Maintain documentation of existing policies, procedures, and configurations
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Use a collaborative approach to share knowledge through training and mentoring
- Provide user training for hardware / software products as required
Education & Experience
Skills & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 5+ years of Network/System/Security Administration experience, or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Proven thought leadership in the design, implementation, and support of an enterprise network
Experience in the following areas is required :
- Solid experience leading teams in an inclusive and collaborative manner to foster engagement and productivity
- Industry standard certifications would be a plus (CISSP, CISA, CCNA, MCSE, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with all levels of employees from executive management to the end user at
the Home Office and in the field.
- Able to help non-technical people solve technical problems while maintaining a positive attitude
- Demonstrated Windows performance tuning and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Windows Server Administration to include Active Directory, Exchange, SQL and IIS technologies.
- Knowledge of Windows PowerShell and/or VB scripting to automate common tasks.
- Knowledge of system deployment life cycle and change management methodologies
- Able to maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade desktop and laptop computers independently
- Able to independently install and upgrade applications and software as required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work weekends and after business hours when requested
- Good verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively document procedures
- Presentation skills for both training sessions and meetings
- Network architecture design and implementation
- Windows Server 2003/2008 Active Directory and Group Policies
- Microsoft Exchange Server and Outlook
- Windows networking with Microsoft Windows XP/7 and Windows Server 2003/2008
- General Internet concepts (Web, DNS, SMTP, FTP, Search engines)
- Networking (TCP/IP, IP addressing) and Telecommunications
- Supporting various mobile operating systems (iOS, Android, BlackBerry)
- Drive imaging technologies for system deployment (Symantec Ghost)
- Remote Access technologies (Terminal Services and/or Citrix)
- Network security concepts (Patch Management, Anti-Virus, Spyware)
Experience in the following areas is desired :
Restaurant industry experience would be a plus
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft ForeFront Security
- Citrix MetaFrame / XenApp
- Avaya IP Office phone systems
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Microsoft Visio (for network topology mapping,
Corner Bakery Cafe - 19 months ago
The bakery does seem like a logical place to start looking for a sandwich. CBC Restaurant Corp. operates and franchises more than 115...