TMP Worldwide is the largest employment recruiting company in the US providing brand advertising services and web hosting to our clients. Headquartered in NYC, TMP has offices throughout the US and Canada, London, Paris, and Hong Kong. TMP is currently looking for a Infrastructure Manager working within the company’s Technology organization
Working within the Technology Infrastructure team, the Infrastructure Manager will lead a team of infrastructure engineers in the design and operational support of TMP’s Web Hosted Product (SaaS) offerings, as well as TMP’s corporate infrastructure and systems.
This role will ensure that all TMP Product systems and services satisfy the business requirements for high availability and performance. This role requires someone who is technically proficient in a wide range of web/internet infrastructure technologies. This person must demonstrate superior customer service and service improvement skills in all tasks. You must have the ability to communicate effectively both written and orally when dealing with employees, vendors, and colleagues.
This role will also require a deep understanding and experience of managing server virtualization, network, and desktop technologies. You will be expected to set the direction and guidance for your team and be able to interact with project managers and upper management.
- Manage the day to day operations of a 24/7 high traffic web environment as well as plan new build-outs and initiatives
- Support and optimize TMP Product environment: manage relationship with our co-located datacenters, IIS and Linux web Servers, security requirements, CDN optimizations, networking devices, and cloud solutions. Ensure systems are up to date, secure, and patched.
- Work with desktop and LAN teams in managing LAN technologies such as Active Directory, desktop imaging, software distribution.
- Provide personnel management for growing team members, creating career development plans, mentoring, performance reviews, etc.
- Participate in variety of roles in a wide range of Infrastructure projects
- Maintain and optimize existing server farms, build new and retire older servers.
- Work closely with Product Engineering and Development teams to support and maintain a high-availability SaaS infrastructure
- Work with vendors and review / negotiate contracts and agreements.
- Participate in our Disaster Recovery, change control, and security standards initiatives.
TMP offers an exciting and fast-paced environment with tremendous growth and learning opportunities. The right candidate will have the opportunity to participate in all planning and implementation for all aspects of Technology Infrastructure and to expand upon their current skill set.
TMP Worldwide Advertising & Communications is committed to providing a safe workplace for all employees. It is the policy of TMP Worldwide to conduct a background check for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with TMP Worldwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or related area.
- Experienced manager who has proven ability to lead through mentorship, collaboration and enabling team members.
- 5 years of professional infrastructure management experience with at least three years of hands-on experience managing and supporting all aspects of a public facing Web infrastructure. Prior experience with .COM or SaaS provider strongly preferred.
- Strong background in Windows Server technologies including Windows Server 2003/2008, SQL server, etc.
- Strong generalist background in IT infrastructure a plus, including LAN/WAN, Servers, Virtualization, Storage, Desktops, Desktop Engineering, Security
- Must possess real-world expertise in problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and communications (written and oral) skills – Must be able to speak and present to senior management on technology strategies.
- Willingness to be flexible to changing business requirements
- Ability to research and implement best practices and service improvement, and take ownership and responsibility of initiatives.
- Experience working within a change controlled environment
- Industry certifications such as MCSE/MCITP, CCNA/CCNP, VCP a plus.
TMP Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
TMP Worldwide Advertising & Communications, LLC (www.tmp.com) is the world’s largest recruitment advertising agency and the only...