This position resides in the IT Infrastructure organization reporting to the Infrastructure Program Manager and requires working knowledge of infrastructure department workflow, infrastructure technology, and project management. The role’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the timely completion of infrastructure related projects.
This role will be accountable for the project management of multiple customer facing projects across the infrastructure teams and will work in tandem with the PMO organization and the supported businesses to ensure that BTS standards, policies, and procedures are followed accordingly.
- Development and standardization of work plans, project dependency mapping, organization of costs and labor, document lessons learned, communicate progress, and track/communicate/escalate issues, risks, and changes.
- Delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Setup and manipulation of projects in the BTS Project Portfolio Management system.
- Customer facing coordination and communication will be an essential requirement in order to be successful in predicting work plans and project delivery time lines.
- Understand core system functionality to recognize how customers can be impacted from planned and unplanned system disruptions or change management and mitigated these impacts.
- Build and enhance relationships with internal application team partners, seeking to drive and foster collaboration and team work.
- Consult or negotiate with technical team leads and PMO to define and prepare project costs and dependency mappings for resources. Confer with management, production, and engineering staff to discuss project and service delivery impacts to the business and BTS.
- Has responsibility to comply with organizational standards, programs, systems, and policies.
- Minimal travel time expected.