Be a part of a growing company!
Join a dynamic group of people with a purpose!
Prosum, Inc. is an IT services company that provides top notch services in business consulting, technology solutions and resource staffing. Prosum is a fast growing company and is continuously ranked as one of the top 100 fastest growing private companies and Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the LA Business Journal. Due to our current growth and planned expansion, we are seeking a
Infrastructure Project Manager
Specific Skills & Technologies Required
MUST HAVE MANAGED LARGE SCALE PROJECTS HAVING A BUDGET OF $5M OR GREATER AND HAVING A BREADTH SPANNING THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION INCLUDING DEVELOPMENT, OPERATIONS, AND SALES & MARKETING.
10+ years’ experience in a Technical Infrastructure Project Manager role (servers, network, storage, datacenter) managing multiple, very large, highly complex infrastructure projects in parallel.
Perform detailed infrastructure project planning and execute according to plans using detailed Work Breakdown Structure, Critical Path Analysis and Resource Capacity Management as a Project Management foundation.
· Managing multiple complex client related infrastructure projects
· Developing detailed project plans and schedules, assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and monitoring progress to ensure timely completion
· Defining activities, sequencing them, estimating duration, and developing schedules
· Chartering projects, determining scope definition, developing plans, verifying with business owners, and managing change control
· Performing resource planning, cost estimation, and cost control
· Planning communication, distributing information as necessary, Executing all communications; ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation, and issuing resolution to all appropriate team members, and providing status reporting and escalation
· Performing responsibilities under minimal direction from manager
· Facilitating and implementing proper conflict resolution techniques to ensure timely resolution of critical, time-sensitive issues
· Performing detailed infrastructure project planning and execute according to plans
· Creating baseline budget and schedules based upon approved requirements, cost estimates and prioritization
· Responsible for accurate time and budget reporting and management
· Manage the approve budget through the use of financial tools to ensure accuracy between Finance and project(s)
· Lead matrixed teams (including vendors) to deliver quantifiable results
· Perform overall project management issue tracking and risk management including risk analysis and mitigation
· Work experience managing infrastructure projects, data center build outs including procurement, asset management, vendor and financial management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent experience and minimum of 10 years of progressively challenging project management experience within the Information Technology discipline in a Technical Infrastructure Project Manager role (servers, network, storage, datacenter) required
· Extensive experience with operating systems, networks, problem/change mgmt and project mgmt methodologies
- Broad IT project management experience managing large scale projects having a budget of $5M or greater and having a breadth spanning the entire organization, including Dev, OPS and Sales and Marketing .
· Advanced understanding of business related issues and needs and impact to project budget and timeline
· Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, customer service, communications, and presentation skills
· Manage multiple, very large, highly complex infrastructure projects in parallel
· PMP Certification strongly preferred
· Advanced knowledge of MS Project
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, SharePoint and PowerPoint
· This Senior PM will work well with ambiguity and have a strength at taking initiative to set direction for the project, identify key issues, problems, and scoping the project needs; this includes identifying risks and identifying resources needed
· Outstanding attention to details and strong planning skills
· Excellent communications and team-management skills required
· Possess organizational proficiencies to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under limited supervision
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects in a very dynamic, fast paced, and heavily matrixed enterprise environment
- Leadership qualities, including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills and ability to influence others
- Demonstrated IT project management experience within formal WIP and SDLC processes and methodologies such as PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Project and other project & portfolio management applications
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results
- Demonstrated ability to accommodate a high level of change and adapt accordingly
- Experience with analyzing complex issues and delivering appropriate solutions
· Proficient in Clarity for time reporting and project management a strong plus
· Detail Oriented
· High Energy
· Self starter
· Personal responsibility and accountability
· Business political maturity
· Experience in managing and developing capable subordinates
This position is accountable for successful project delivery through disciplined project management processes and close collaboration with colleagues throughout the organization. Willingness to work occasional extended hours and weekends may be required.
We are an EOE!