The Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for 1) the on-going satisfactory performance of all computing equipment and software an 2) assistant and backup to the LAN Administrator. In this capacity, developing relationships with the user community is essential. Organization and flexibility in managing the work load is required. Solid analysis and issue resolution skills are essential to maintain the forward momentum of the organization.
Essential Responsibilities of the Job:
- Setup, configure, and install user computers, mobile devices, and printers
- General troubleshooting including issue analysis and resolution
- Printer maintenance and troubleshooting
- VPN, Dial-up, desktop applications
- System backups
- User account creation and maintenance
- Email distribution list maintenance
- Build and manage images used to prep PCs, workstations and PDAs
- Hardware upgrades, replacement of defective components
- Installation of software including mobile devices (iOS and Android based), business systems, engineering systems, shop floor systems, and other applications as required
- Train users as required on desktop and business applications
- Inventory and safeguard master copies of desktop software.
- Coordinate, assist, and backup LAN administration duties as required
- Participate as member of IT Disaster Recovery team
- Responsible for user support and troubleshooting of systems in terms of analysis of issues and resolution to the user's satisfaction
- Log all tasks in Help Desk Software to provide a track record of activities and a knowledge base to refer to in the future
- Keep the IT Supervisor or alternately the IT Director informed of activities and issues.
- Process all spending requests for computing equipment and peripherals through the IT Director for approval and signature
- Report systematic conditions or other situations which may have implications to business continuance
- Maintain Telephone system to the extent of maintenance of extensions and mailboxes, and programming of phones.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills Needed for the Job:
This position requires extensive knowledge of desktop, laptop and PDA computers including peripherals such as printers, scanners, and monitors. An understanding of basic telephony is required. Respect for the users as the customers of IT, effective communication both orally and written are expected. Flexibility is essential as the business can take sudden changes in direction and the ability to cope with the occasional rush assignment is essential. This position requires organization, accuracy, a self starter and the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision.
- Three or more years of experience showing a solid track record
- An associates degree or greater in Computer servicing and /or Computer engineering is a plus
- Functional understanding of the Linux operating system
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating systems
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Mechanical expertise in building PCs (Examples: board installations and replacement, disk drive maintenance and replacement, increasing functionality like additional USB ports and video boards.
- Ethernet cabling and wiring skills
- Installation and setup of drivers
- Knowledge of the implementation of patches and service packs
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
The Ohio Willow Wood Company, Inc. - 20 months ago