This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who wants to advance their career with a proven industry leader. Trofholz is looking for a multi-faceted, energetic, organized, and detail-oriented person.
The qualified Infrastructure Specialist will be responsible to develop, implement and maintain virtualization infrastructure for a large enterprise. The position requires an active Secret clearance and is seated in Seaside, CA.
- Plan, install, build, manage, support, configure and test virtualization infrastructure components and connectivity
- Identify physical facility requirements needed to operate server infrastructure components (i.e. floor space, equipment clearance, electrical, cooling, cabling, weight load)
- Familiar with VMWARE and Citrix high availability and disaster recovery solutions
- Experience designing and implementing highly available infrastructure solutions using VMware Virtual Infrastructure (ESX, Virtual Center/VCenter, VMotion)
- Must possess an extensive knowledge of VMWARE and Citrix technologies and products with recent experience designing and deploying enterprise level virtual servers and desktops
- Provide primary system administration, configuration, and troubleshooting of the virtual environment and performance issues
- Maintain security in compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) and supporting vendor requirements
- Apply knowledge of all Project Management to lead creation / maintenance of deliverables for project planning, execution, reporting, reviewing and decision making
- Perform 24x7 on call duties on a rotation basis with the other administrators
- Perform proactive capacity planning, including short term and long-term trend analysis, ensuring all server infrastructure devices are monitored for capacity and stability
- Demonstrate the ability to time-manage and prioritize, take a proactive approach to improving services, and have an innovative and keen interest in learning new technologies.
- Analyzes user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues
- Monitor the virtual environment and be able to take proactive corrective action.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support services for virtual infrastructure
- Provide consulting and support services to identify virtual infrastructure operational, monitoring and reporting
- Perform system changes following existing change management processes.
- Define and integrate current best practices (technical, security, process) in server infrastructure solution analysis and definition.
- Check security log for warning and error messages for invalid logons, unauthorized user creating, opening or deleting files.
- Coordinate regularly with management on solution plans and status
- Restore backup files to a test system to verify procedures and files Test Patches and Hotfixes
- Create VM Builds and Scripts, Install Patches and Hotfixes, Schedule Downtime for Reboots
- 5 years proficiency in managing and administering Vmware and hardware infrastructure
- 5 years or more experience in Storage, Replication
- 2-3 years of project management skills to manage individual projects to complete within timelines
- Experienced with Brocade SAN switches,
- Familiarity with Linux and windows operating systems
- Good knowledge of Vmware solutions:
- Vmware Request Manager
- Vmware View 5
- Vmware operations management suite enterprise plus
- Vmware site recovery manager
- Good knowledge of CISCO UCS Solutions:
- Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support
- Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Troubleshooting
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Analyzes statistics to identify and resolve network problems. Keeps abreast of operational support technologies and industry trends
- High level of self motivation, productivity and attention to detail; be well-organized; have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and multi-tasking ability
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
- Active government Secret clearance
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Foundational or expert knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Vmware and CISCO certification is a plus
- System administration experience is a plus
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in management information systems, computer science engineering, business and/or related technical field
About The Company:
Trofholz Technologies is an award-winning, multi-faceted company offering excellent career opportunities in a diverse, creative, and fast-paced work environment. Building a career with Trofholz means joining a team of diverse, talented, dedicated and innovative professionals committed to serving commercial and government technology needs.
To apply for this opportunity please make sure to visit us on the web @ www.trofholz.com and click the career tab or you can apply directly to our career center @ http://trofholz.com/who-we-are/join-our-team.html .
We have been able to reach a high level of technical excellence by committing to strong company values and key success strategies. The “Quality, Commitment, Creativity, and Integrity” adage known as the “QCCI Creed” is widely conveyed throughout the company and has been instrumental in the success of TTI. These core values have enabled TTI to develop a respectable company culture that is demonstrated in every client engagement
Trofholz represents excellence in all we do from hands on interaction with our clients implementing innovative solutions, to developing customized training and professional development programs for our employees. We are a fast-paced organization seeking team players who enjoy meeting challenges. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages combined with a fun and challenging work environment.
Trofholz offers comprehensive health and welfare plans which include:
- PPO or HMO Medical
- Dental PPO with national network of participating dentists
- Vision coverage at no cost to the employee
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer Matched 401(k)
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Education Assistance
- 10 Paid holidays a year
Be More, Do More with Trofholz
Trofholz is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements and programs.
Trofholz Technologies - 10 months ago
Trofholz Technologies, Inc. is an innovative systems integrator and service provider with a solid performance reputation in five core areas:...