The Infrastructure Storage VMware Architect represents a senior technical and experienced position in AMC Networks IT organization. This position is called upon to represent AMC Networks IT organizations by internal and external organizations. The Infrastructure Storage VMware Architect is assigned projects and monitor their progress to ensure successful completion, as well as to evaluate and react to all technical server issues within AMC Networks infrastructure with minimal direction. This position is expected to use their senior technical knowledge and ability to work with others to solve technical issues in a timely fashion, and act as a resource for all members of the AMC Network IT team. The Infrastructure Storage VMware Architect works towards making the production environment network more reliable through evaluations and assessments of operating systems, hardware, patches, upgrades and applications.
This position also provides third-level support for internal departments and organizations; the operation, administration and maintenance of production systems, including the networking between servers and other system elements. The Infrastructure Storage VMware Architect leads in the architecture, design and implementation of new technologies as well as new product features/functions. Qualifications • More than 7+ years previous system administration experience on multiple operating systems (Linux, Solaris, Windows, VMware).
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-pressure production environment with a mid to large systems and storage infrastructure with multiple sites/networks.
- Very Strong knowledge of servers (Cisco, HP), storage (EMC, SAN, NAS) and virtualization (VMware).
- Understanding of networking concept and topologies.
- Hands on experience installation, and configuring and supporting system, storage and networking devices.
- Solid trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Able to obtain, understand and interpret performance data.
- Good programming/debugging skills (Shell, Perl, SQL, VBA).
- Strong understanding of networking/routing and protocols in a distributed computing environment.
- Create and maintain logs, records, diagrams and reports of any and all systems.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on workload.
- Experience working with Co-Lo’s, and managed service providers.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related equivalent education required.
- Certifications from Cisco, Red Hat, Microsoft, and VMware or related technology certifications are preferred.
AMC Networks Inc. - 21 months ago