The Infrastructure Systems Engineer is responsible for the overall systems infrastructure including engineering, implementation, integration, and technical services and support. The Infrastructure Systems Engineer designs, implements/installs, maintains and administers infrastructure systems including software and various configurations. Works with cross functional groups to establish and improve processes and procedures. |
• Identify, analyze, and provide recommendations and solutions for engineering initiatives, and organize and conduct working groups with the right participants to address any given initiative
• Demonstrates detailed working knowledge of middleware, web technologies, and infrastructure enabling applications.
• Be subject matter expert for Kofax and provide suggestions for improvement and next generation Kofax, including POC's & vendor management
• Works as a team member to coordinate and perform installation and configuration of web interface technologies.
• Implement systems architecture including fault tolerance and high availability solutions.
• Installation of vendor software on Linux, Unix and Windows based environments.
• Support and configure multiple logical environments in the system development life cycle (dev, test, stage, prod).
• Provide development support to the application development teams.
• Research and troubleshoot problems related to vendor platform software, the applications that run on them as well as the external systems that they interact with.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with other team members, clients (application developers) and vendors (other technology teams).
• Participate in implementation and design reviews, and contribute to scalability and load tests of the environment
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
• Work with/Administer KOFAX 9.x and provide suggestions for process improvement
-Be able to provide architectural input for Kofax batch classes and configuration based on knowledge of product and software, including implementation and configuration of batch classes and export connectors as needed
-Be able to work on Kofax Network Server and troubleshoot Kofax clients
•Experience in engineering, configuring and administering web technologies and/or Enterprise Content Management technologies
• Experience with Solaris and/or RedHat Linux
• Solid understanding and proven experience with building distributed systems
• Ability to use critical thinking in order to perform diagnostics to resolve complex systems issues.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work efforts to meet customer expectations in line with project delivery dates, system SLA’s and defined support services expectations
• Proven communication, documentation and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience with Websphere Portal 7.0
• Experience with Websphere Application Server 7.0
• Experience with IBM FileNet (Image Services, P8 4.x and above)
• Experience with document management platforms (HP Exstream software)
• Experience with messaging technologies (JMS, IBM MQ)
• Knowledge of networking concepts DNS, load balancing, clustering.
• Scripting – Perl, JACL, Jython, Korn Shell
• Portlet development (JSR 168, JSR268)
• Experience with JSR170 Content Management Systems
• Experience with security, authentication, SSL, LDAP, TAM, systems account permissions
• Experience with Buildforge/RAFW
KNOWLEDGE: Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (i.e., dept/peer review).
JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
SUPERVISION: Determines methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide guidance to other personnel.
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience. In some companies, the requirement will be less. At this level, graduate coursework may be desirable.
Evo Solutions - 19 months ago
At Evo, our passion is responding to the greatest struggle of every business leader: Getting the right talent in the right place, at the...