Infrastructure Systems Specialist
S&P Capital IQ
delivers in-depth intelligence across asset classes and capital structures to more than 4,200 institutions, wealth managers and investment advisors around the world. Built on the 150-year heritage of Standard & Poor’s, S&P Capital IQ brings together key capabilities in research, strategy, evaluation, analysis, data solutions and risk mitigation under one roof. A client-centric firm, S&P Capital IQ has the institutional fortitude of over $1 billion in annual revenue, yet is nimble enough to respond to any client request with a customized, real-world solution.
S&P Capital IQ is currently seeking an Infrastructure Systems Specialist. This position works within a tight knit team responsible for ensuring that our many production systems deliver quality products in accordance with contractual timelines. Responsibilities include providing technical support for S&P production processes and the successful transition of new production systems from the quality assurance area into production. Responsibilities also include junior level development work as the team works very closely with development groups. PSS is often assisting with development activities such as defect corrections, process efficiencies and product enhancements. Candidates must be capable of independently researching, analyzing, and creating effective solutions to problems within strict deadlines. All products are computer generated financial data products, some of which have software applications packaged with the data.
- Developing a deep understanding of the systems environment, dependencies, data flows, databases and how products are produced
- Second line on-call support, researching and analyzing issues, determining corrective actions and coordinating and communicating with involved parties
- Working with and coordinating activities of IT development, Data Operations, Technical Engineering and Product Management groups on day to day activities to ensure the integrity of the production systems
- Ability to profile, analyze, and identify problem areas of a production system
- Work with above mentioned groups to ensure efficient smooth implementations and ongoing support of new production systems
- Development of defect corrections, production efficiencies and product enhancements
- Keeping support documentation current (less than 5% of activities)
- Weekend, night and holiday second line on-call work scheduled on a rotating basis
- 3+ years experience supporting 24x7 production environments for financial services
- 3+ years of proven experience with Solaris OS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- 3+ years of proven experience with Microsoft Windows Server with recent focus on Server 2008 64-bit
- 3+ years of experience writing SQL in an Oracle and or SQL Server System
- Experience using relational database query tools (i.e. Toad, Infomaker)
- Unix script writing; experience with Perl, WinBatch, and/or C# is a plus
- Basic Project Management skills. PMP is a big plus
- A formal education in computer information sciences.
- Knowledge of Financial/Accounting terminology and concepts is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as accomplished interpersonal skills
- Exceptional trouble-shooting skills; Ability to gather and analyze detailed information under pressure and make good decisions is a must
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Capital IQ
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....