Are you a strong Infrastructure Technician interested in expanding your experience with a strong, growing company? We’re interested in your experience, your passion and aptitude for learning, and your ability to optimize performance.
We are seeking an experienced hands-on self-starter to assure company data is protected and can be recovered in a timely manner. The Infrastructure Technician would also part of disaster recovery planning, procedures, and testing, while performing day to day operations in our Corporate data center. Strong diagnosis, trouble shooting, problem solving, and communication skills are required.
This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Midtown Cleveland. We offer subsidized benefits including health care, vision, & dental, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and career development opportunities. Connect your future with ours!
Job responsibilities include:
- Establishes backup procedures and monitoring to ensure data is protected
- Monitors the backup system for issues and proactively addresses all issues
- Document policies and procedures including cross training other staff on data restores and disaster situations
- Level 2/3 support
- Assist with troubleshooting when required
- Data restores when needed (file level snap copies, mailboxes)
- Some travel will be required to Florence, KY and our Disaster Recovery facility. Up to 25% travel in the first few months, then approximately 10% in the future.
- 2+ years IT experience
- Basic knowledge of understanding or backup procedures and principals
- Ability to troubleshoot general windows server issues
- Core understanding of networks and protocols
- Associates degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience working with backup software
- Prior experience working in a data center environment
- Ability to work in team environment
- Self Starter
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a value-added distributor of bearings, power transmission components, fluid power components and systems, industrial rubber products, linear motion components, tools, safety products, general maintenance products serving customers in virtually every industry. A $2.4 billion company, Applied® is an industry leader with 90 years of experience, a solid balance sheet, and a clear plan for growth. We've just completed 2 years of record back to back sales and net results!
The Applied network includes 500 service centers, 9 distribution centers in North America, Australia & New Zealand, 19 fluid power companies creating the world's largest fluid power network and maintenance supplies subsidiaries, UZ Engineered Products and Parts Associates Inc., that also specialize in inventory management solutions.
We provide engineering, design & systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber & fluid power shop services, maintenance training, and inventory & storeroom management solutions that provide added value to our customers. We offer more than 4 million parts critical to operations of MRO and OEM customers.
Applied's 5,000 associates are value driven, experienced, knowledgeable associates dedicated to the pursuit of customer satisfaction through innovation, trusted products, expertise, and support. We encourage teamwork, sharing information, and knowledge transfer.
• GI Jobs Magazine - Ranked in the Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers
• Fortune 1000 List of America's Largest Companies 2004-2012
• Selling Power - 3rd best Company to Sell For, 2012 (5th year in a row in the top 50)
• HR Chally Group ' Customer-Rated World Class Sales Winner
• Ranked 15th on Industrial Distribution's Big 50 List of industrial distributors
Applied Industrial Technologies
- 2 years ago - save job