The primary purpose of this position is to design, implement and administer selected Microsoft technologies in the CUSTOMER’s environment. This specialist works with existing staff to comply with company standards and practices.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Responsible for developing technology frameworks and standard architectures that enable the design, implementation, operation and support of information technology systems and infrastructure, and that provide functional environments for technology prototyping, development, integrated testing, training, and production. Solicits technical and analytical advice internal and external to Information Technology, and serves as a resource for technology analysis within Information Technology.
Responsible, under direct guidance of management and more experienced individuals, for conducting all activities in compliance with Enterprise and Information Technology policies, guidelines, procedures, work processes and internal controls. The purpose of this activity is to ensure Enterprise and Information Technology consistency, reliability, and integrity of performance and to preserve the highest level of stakeholder confidence.
This is a senior level position requiring either a degreed professional who possesses a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or Engineering with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience, or a non-degreed professional with seven (7) years relevant experience.
This individual must demonstrate expert technical expertise and knowledge across a broad range of the following technology disciplines: Servers, Network/Telecommunications, Security, Software Delivery/Packaging, Programming, IT Operations, and/or Technical Solutions Architecture. Effective technical team leadership and/or project administrative skills are required.
Technical Expertise and Knowledge:
• Strong experience in MS System Center Configuration Manger (SCCM) 2007
• Knowledge of MS System Center Operations Manger (SCOM) 2007
• Scripting (VBScript, Powershell, C++)
• Microsoft Forefront Server
• Active Directory Domain Support
• Knowledge of networking devices (switches/routers), and protocols
• Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
• Security Patch Management
• Microsoft DNS
• Microsoft SQL
• Windows Server (2003, 2008), and desktop Operating Systems.
• Previous experience with large, complex, server and application environments.
Korcomptenz Inc - 20 months ago