Infusion Nurse RN
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
ABOUT THE DIVISION
A leading provider of specialty pharmacy services, Accredo improves care for patients through behavioral and clinical expertise.
Accredo offers a broad range of healthcare products and services for individuals with chronic health conditions, such as growth hormone deficiencies, hepatitis C, hemophilia, oncology, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. It also provides comprehensive patient management services, including clinical care management programs, counseling, education, outcomes measurement, social services and reimbursement services.
The primary function of the Infusion Nurse RN is to provide essential in-home IV Infusion medical treatment, response management and follow up care to our clients after release from a health care facility. In addition, within an assigned geographical territory, the Infusion Nurse RN will administer and monitor patients in the home during treatment and provide the necessary education on treatment regimen, condition management and treatment self-administration when appropriate. This is a multi-faceted role of nurse, trainer and coordinator and the individual must be calm, professional with the ability and willingness to work with a wide range of personality types in a variety of home environments.
• Provide patient clinical coordination in a variety of environments including home, infusion suites, hospitals and doctor offices.
• Train patients in the self-administration of treatments, and how to quickly recognize and respond to symptoms of adverse physical reactions to treatments.
• Coordinate with pharmacists to address changes in patient condition or drug management issues.
• Collaborate and confer with branch staff regarding patient status and treatment needs
• Document all interactions and communication with patients, plan of treatment (POT), assessment, treatments, patient responses/reactions to treatment, status of disease process and training activities into electronic device in a timely manner
• Complete training for new/specialty infusion therapies
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Nursing degree
• 2 – 5 years of relevant
working experience; at least one year as a specialized RN in acute or
home care/home infusion environment; Completion of intravenous skill
• Registered Nursing Licensure; PICC, CRNI, Access device certification a plus
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet and email; Home internet access is strongly desired
Strong venous access skills; Availability to work weekend hours if
needed, and flexibility to work alternate shifts on short notice;
Ability to lift and perform repetitive motions; Critical care experience
preferred; Previous home infusion experience a strongly preferred
Norfolk, VA - 100 Virtual Way
Yes, 100 % of the Time
Work From Home?
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.