Infusion Nurse RN
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are looking for work and pride yourself in having strong knowledge and experience in the specialty infusion therapy environment. Join our excellent team of professionals as an infusion nurse. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual with strong IV infusion and communication skills. Our committed infusion nurses administer and monitor patients in the home during treatment and provide the necessary education on how to manage conditions and follow up care after release from health care facilities. We offer a competitive compensation and mileage reimbursement to our motivated
staff. Infusion therapy is an essential part of medical treatment, and our nurses provide a valuable experience to our patients. Come join our team.
Geographical territory: Irving, TX
As an Infusion Nurse, you will drive to patients’ homes within a geographical territory (Irving) to administer treatments to patients and to provide them with infusion services, response management and education about their treatment regimen so they can learn to self-administer treatments when appropriate.
Your specific duties as an Infusion Nurse will include but not limited to:
• Provide patient clinical coordination in a variety of environments including home, infusion suites, hospitals and doctor offices
• Training patients in the self-administration of treatments, particularly how to quickly recognize and respond to symptoms of adverse physical reactions to treatments
• Coordinating with pharmacists to address changes in patient condition or drug management issues
• Collaborating and conferring with the appropriate branch staff regarding patient status and treatment needs
• Documenting all interactions and communication with patients, plan of treatment (POT), including assessment, treatments, patient responses/reactions to treatment, status of disease process and training activities using an electronic hand held device in a timely manner
• Completing training for new/specialty infusion therapies
• Participating in on-call rotation
• Determining the best course of action for aiding a patient in distress
• Presenting yourself in a clinically professional manner at all times)
• Adhering to policies and procedures
As an Infusion Nurse, you must be comfortable in the multifaceted role of nurse, trainer and coordinator. You must be flexible in both your availability and in your ability to work with a wide range of personality types in a variety of various home environments. As an Infusion Nurse, you must also be calm and professional as you manage crises, as you will encounter patients with dramatic allergic reactions and other types of medical emergencies.
Specific qualifications for the Per Diem Infusion Nurse position include:
• Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing or equivalent
• 1 year nursing experience, which should include 1 year as a specialized Registered Nurse in acute or home care and/or home infusion environment
• Completion of intravenous skill inventory/training
• Strong venous access skills
• Availability to work weekend hours if needed, and flexibility to work alternate shifts on short notice
• Ability to lift and perform repetitive motions
• Critical care experience preferred
• Previous home infusion experience strongly preferred
• CRNI certification a plus
• PICC certification a plus
• Access device certification a plus
• Proficiency with MS Office and Outlook preferred
• Home internet access is strongly desired
Irving, TX - 4343 Royal Lane
4343 Royal Lane
Yes, 100 % of the Time
Work From Home?
Express Scripts - 30+ days ago
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.