About the Company
The Blount family has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
This position requires an ability to work in a fast-paced cold environment, a “can do attitude”, and the ability to follow procedures. This person will be responsible for the efficient and accurate processing of ingredients for production utilization.
- Ability to both train new staff and develop current staff within the department.
- Assists in delegation of work throughout the line in order to increase departmental efficiencies.
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly.
- Responsible for adherence to posted GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Responsible for bulk ingredient breakdown, weighing and labeling to both recipe and SOP specific requirements.
- Responsible for interbatch and post-operational sanitation of the prep areas following established cleaning procedures.
- Responsible for any and all line product being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, as a result of line error or inefficiencies.
- Responsible for any and all line “Down Time”, related to processing line/equipment.
Candidate will be detail oriented with above average organizational skills. Self-motivated, confident, energetic and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. Knowledge of inventory and spreadsheet software. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; 6 months related experience preferred.