The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants is the national, professional association of CPAs, with approximately 387,000 members, including CPAs in business and industry, public practice, government, and education; student affiliates; and international associates. We set ethical standards for the profession and U.S. auditing standards for audits of private companies; federal, state and local governments; and non-profit organizations. We also develop and grade the Uniform CPA Examination.
In collaboration with the Institute’s membership, products and services business units, drive revenue growth and enhance member value by fostering “sustaining” innovation in the core and identifying and developing opportunities in adjacent and new areas in the US and internationally. Convert those opportunities into new products, services, and delivery models.As a member of the core Innovation team, responsibilities include:
- Identifying, evaluating and advancing proposals for new products, services, businesses, markets and innovations for AICPA.
- Creating a culture to foster “sustaining” innovation in the businesses.
- Supporting the product ideation process, development lifecycle, and go to market efforts of proposals selected to move forward.
- Drive revenue growth and enhance member value by fostering “sustaining” innovation in the core.
- Develop opportunities in adjacent and new areas in the US and internationally.
Manager - Innovation
- Strategic and Innovative Thinking
- Creative Communication
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Member/Customer Orientation
- Leading & Managing Change
- Creativity and Innovation
- Understanding of Technology & Trends
- Product Development Life Cycle
Build an Innovation Culture (15%)
Identify and Screen New Ideas (20%)
- Work with the business, products, and services to establish and foster a culture of sustaining innovation throughout the organization.
- Support growth of Innovation culture at the institute through management of internal messaging, creation of collateral, & newsletter, innovation contests and creation and execution of other programs to build awareness that sustaining innovation is every employee’s responsibility
Develop New Business Opportunities (15%)
- Identify unmet user needs via lead user analysis, market and competitor analysis, direct and indirect customer wants/needs research, and other techniques. Share observations and insights and broader opportunities with other parts of the Institute.
- Support internal and external ideation sessions, focus groups and other idea generation processes. Develop mechanisms to embed a culture of continuous innovation into the Institute.
- Continuously scan competitive landscape for emerging trends, opportunities, and threats.
- Supports evaluation of proposals through gathering of research to support go/no go decision making
- Coordinate efforts to develop appropriate terms and conditions for research conducted with outside partners and groups.
- Manage project coordination and tracking including innovation pipeline.
Drive New Product/Service Development in Adjacent and Transformational Areas (50%)
- Monitor the industry to assist with the identification of acquirable products, services, models and concepts, as well as new channels and new opportunities for existing products/services.
- Work with other business departments to shape and influence and provide strategic guidance to ideas and opportunities they are evaluating and ensure alignment with the innovation agenda for the Institute
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Support the development of new product/services and business models in adjacent and transformational areas with the creation of business plans, operating models, and proof of concepts
- Coordinate with marketing, communications and brand, and technology partner(s) including CPA2BIZ, internal and external development resources, and key business units on the development and launch of new products and services.
- Support the development of go-to-market plans.
- Coordinate transition of acquired products and concepts into existing product/services family
- Perform other job-related duties and special project as required.
- Manage team budget.
- Aggregate new product/service revenue
- Increase member retention and satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree required.
- MBA preferred
- At least 4-5 years of experience in identifying customer needs and translating into new products and services. Ability to extrapolate consumer insights and interpret into requirements
- At least 4-5 years of experience with product development lifecycle management or experience in strategy and innovation in a top tier consulting firm
- Knowledge and/or in depth understanding of technology concepts
- Familiarity with research methodologies
- Knowledge of and interest in project management methodologies and tools.
- Ability to scan landscape for idea & opportunity generation
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to effectively balance the needs of multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work across multiple constituencies, including third parties, at multiple levels of the organization. Ability to collaborate with diverse group in a cross functional organization
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Visio), web-based applications and database capabilities.
- Experience developing products and services for a membership-based professional association and for global audiences preferred.
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us. You can upload your resume and cover letter directly via our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AICPA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
AICPA - 10 months ago