New Balance has a history of 100 years of enduring performance and is still running strong today. Part of what makes New Balance so unique is our commitment to making products that not only provide performance, but also superior fit and comfort. The same attention that is placed on our athletic shoes and apparel is also placed on our associates. We seek talented individuals that fit into our team-oriented atmosphere. Additionally, we are proud to have an environment that offers the comfort of a true work/life balance. If you are looking for a NEW BALANCE, read on!
As the Innovation Designer-Studio, you will be responsible for researching, ideating and designing innovative running products by balancing functionality, aesthetics and engineering. You will create and develop new concepts working from verbal descriptions, brainstorm sessions, or marketing briefs. You will research new materials, components and technologies such as additive manufacturing and data delivery systems to be used in future products. In this role, you will translate market input into innovative design solutions. You will redefine running footwear visuals and constructions by utilizing 3D CAD software and in-house resources. You will partner with the engineering team and the Sport Research Lab to create functional prototypes and specifications to investigate feasibility of ideas and new technology to support the running innovation pipeline. You will focus on risk-taking in order to become a catalyst for experimentation and change.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Industrial Design or related discipline along with some engineering education or work experience.
- Proficient knowledge of graphics and design tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Solid experience with 3D modeling tools such as Rhino, Grasshopper and Solidworks.
- Knowledge and experience working with 3D printing technologies.
- Experience working with integrated sensors and data delivery solutions.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of ergonomics, biomechanics and engineering.
- Must be exceptionally creative with the ability to think outside the box and deliver innovative products to market in time.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to persuade others to buy-in to new concepts and ideas.
- Experience in athletic/outdoor products or technical footwear a plus.
Our products are designed to meet the diverse needs of consumers and our benefits are designed to meet the diverse needs of our associates. We have developed a benefits package that is sure to fit your way of life. Our low-cost medical and dental coverage and onsite wellness program will help you lead a healthy lifestyle. We offer a 401k plan with an employer match, making it possible to save for retirement. Most positions offer a flexible work schedule and a 37.5 hour work week. We provide a generous vacation package and even allow paid time off to volunteer in the community. New Balance encourages its employees to take advantage of our tremendous training and development programs, as well as our tuition reimbursement plan. We are a business casual environment where our employees are encouraged to wear NB product which can be purchased with our significant employee discount. Parking is free at all of our facilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
New Balance has a history of 100 years of enduring performance and is still running strong today. New Balance began as a Boston-based arch...