Location: Lakeville - Massachusetts
Requisition #: C12-2462
Employment Duration: Full time
Last Updated: 11/6/12 2:51 PM
Company Overview For 80 years, Ocean Spray’s logo has been an enduring symbol of what we stand for - taste, health and heritage. From the creation of the Cooperative, to the steady wave of new products designed to delight customers today, Ocean Spray has a history of quality, great taste and innovative products. Beginning with the harvest, it is the spirit of discovery and determination, and the dedication of grower-owners and employees, that allows us to manufacture and market our products to delight consumers around the globe!
As we develop new products and expand our markets we are looking to hire talented individuals that want to be part of our team. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment you will love working at Ocean Spray. At Ocean Spray we understand the value of working together, while knowing each individual plays a vital role in the company’s success. Our business has always been and continues to be built on the people from different backgrounds, coming together for a common goal. The same sense of opportunity, resourcefulness and innovation on which the Cooperative was founded is what drives Ocean Spray today!
Ocean Spray Cranberries is looking for an Innovation Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Division in Lakeville, MA .
The Innovation Marketing Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing, and leading new product innovation projects within Ocean Spray’s innovation portfolio.
The position offers an experienced marketer the opportunity to help create and lead strategic innovation projects that are grounded in consumer and/or customer insights, will produce a competitive advantage in the marketplace, and deliver against organizational revenue, profit and fruit utilization goals. Focus will be on enhancing the brand’s current product platforms as well as identifying new white space opportunities. The Manager will actively lead teams comprising of marketing, consumer insights, product development, finance, packaging, commercialization, procurement, sales and other cross-functional colleagues, and manage their projects through an internal new product & packaging stage-gate process. The Manager will also assist the Innovation Marketing Director & Team in annually assessing past new product innovation performance and crafting lessons learned, identifying strategic hunting grounds for future innovation, and developing the Innovation Strategy to achieve organizational short & long-range growth targets.
The position requires a strong combination of strategic thinking, quantitative skills to identify and assess growth opportunities, collaborative partnering to define and guide teams through project roadmaps, and creative problem-solving to bring new product innovations to market. The Manager will work under guidance of a Senior Marketing Manager, influence key stakeholders at various levels, and be responsible for individual project plans, timelines, budgets and deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assess consumer, competitive and marketplace trends and conduct in-depth analysis to identify innovation hunting ground and new product opportunities.
2. Scope, contract, and manage 3rd-party partners through strategic new product exploratories, concept ideation, and concept/graphic development.
3. Brainstorm and draft new product concepts for consumer qualitative and quantitative feedback.
4. Develop new product consumer & customer learning plans to explore and optimize innovation opportunities.
5. Develop new product project scopes & workplans to define and develop new product opportunities.
6. Lead cross-functional teams through established internal New Product & Packaging Stage-Gate process to develop, assess and commercialize new products.
7. Guide financial feasibility assessments and manage new product P&Ls to deliver organizational revenue, profit, and fruit utilization targets.
8. Work closely with Brand Marketing colleagues to help develop new product consumer communications and retail sell-in tools.
9. Work closely with the Innovation Marketing Team to help develop annual strategic innovation plan that meets the growth objectives of the organization.
10. Actively influence Senior Leadership and cross-functional colleagues on all key strategic and tactical considerations for new product opportunities.
Decision-Making Authority/Accountability Level:
The Innovation Marketing Manager is responsible for identifying new product opportunities, actively influencing senior leadership, and leading diverse cross-functional teams through all new product development and feasibility stages including; 1) leading consumer, competitive and market analysis to identify whitespace opportunities, 2) uncovering consumer and marketplace insights to drive relevance and competitive advantage, 3) drafting (with partners and by self) new concept/product ideas and positioning options, 4) guiding financial and technical feasibility assessments, 5) leading a diverse cross-functional team to develop, optimize, and bring the new product to market, 6) managing short and long-term financial targets, and 7) making recommendations to senior management across the organization on key decisions from idea identification to commercialization. This position operates with some guidance from a Senior Innovation Marketing Manager, and high-level Senior Leadership approves new product stage gates. However, the Manager is expected to provide strong thought leadership, champion consumer/customer/market insights to drive new product relevance and sustainability, be an effective influencer, and perform all routine new product / business management tasks with a minimum of supervision.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Must possess a working knowledge of Marketing practices & principles, and demonstrated competencies in previous positions.
- 1-3 years experience in New Products/Innovation within a CPG Company.
- 5-8 years of work-related experience from mid-management position in a Consumer Products company, Marketing Consultancy, or New Concept/Product Innovation firm.
- Educational experience typically gained through completing a bachelor’s or MBA Degree in marketing or business.
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Monster - 11 months ago