Review clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate to extract data and apply appropriate ICD-9-CM codes for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance. Under the direction of the director of the Coding Manager, accurately code inpatient conditions and procedures as documented in the ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting. Resolve error reports associated with the billing process, identify and report error patterns, and when necessary, assist in design and implementation of workflow changes to reduce billing errors.
- Assigns codes for diagnoses, treatments, and procedures according to the appropriate classification system for inpatient encounters.
- Reviews appropriate provider documentation to determine principal diagnosis, co-morbidities and complications, secondary conditions and surgical procedures.
- Utilizes technical coding principals and MS-DRG reimbursement expertise to assign appropriate ICD-9-CM diagnoses and procedures.
- Assigns present on admission (POA) value for inpatient diagnoses.
- Extracts required information from source documentation and enters into encoder and abstracting system.
- Identifies non-payment conditions (HAC) and when required, report through established procedures.
- Reviews documentation to verify and, when necessary, correct the patient disposition upon discharge.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and adheres to official coding guidelines.
Autimis is a Houston-based medical billing and coding company that works with hospitals, laboratories, and ambulatory surgery centers across the United States. We offer flexible scheduling, a generous benefits package including paid time off and medical insurance plans as well as a sign-on bonus for this position.
- Minimum of successful completion of an AHIMA-approved Coding Certificate Program.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CPC-H certification status preferred.
FortBendJobs.com - 12 months ago