SANDVIK MACHINING SOLUTIONS seeks an
Inserts Press Tool Designer
Sandvik Machining Solutions , a world leader in tools and tooling systems for metal cutting, as well as components and high-volume blanks in cemented carbide, has openings for Inserts Press Tool Designer at their Westminster facility in South Carolina.
In this key role, the Inserts Press Tool Designer is responsible for ensuring and securing commitment to current and long-range tooling manufacturing strategies, objectives and plans. Main responsibility includes developing improvements and implementing new technologies to provide continuous improvement in product delivery, quality and productivity.
Key performance areas
- Use Unigraphics to engineer/reverse engineer press tools to manufacture cemented carbide inserts
- Assist sales in design of special insert for manufacturability
- Knowledge of CAM to support programming of CNC manufacturing equipment
- Define and achieve the agreed targets with the department manager for improvement projects
- Facilitate in team training programs
- Communicate and collaborate both within the process team and with cross-functional teams
- Ensure that the processes are in line with the standards of the Tooling group and in compliance with environmental and safety regulations
- Ensure compliance of the environmental, quality and safety systems based on ISO 9001 & 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Encourage the values of cleanliness and order in the workplace
- Support and encourage a highly motivated team
- Ensure the implementation of new technologies, processes, and products
The ideal candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree in a related field or equivalent experience of a minimum of five years of die design in the cutting tool industry. The qualified individual must have technical competence in process discipline and posses strong project management skills.
We offer a competitive package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Sandvik Coromant Company's tools are run of the mill -- that is, they help the mill run. One of three core businesses of Sweden-based...