Looking to be part of an organization that is recognized as a leader in their market? Do you have a passion for education and learning? Want an opportunity to drive your earning potential with a base salary, competitive bonus plan, and the excitement of selling to clients across the country? Cengage Learning is a world leader in educational publishing for schools, professionals and government.
Based in Clifton Park, Cengage is proud to deliver high quality information to our customers in innovative ways. To continue our growth and success, we are currently interviewing for Inside Account Managers.
If you can:
In this role, we need you to have:
- Create new relationships with prospective customers over the phone
- Achieve sales goals consistently.
- Successfully manage a territory with your strategic planning skills and strong time management
- Prospect for new accounts through personal sales calls, networking, and market research.
- Maintain strong relationships with established customers
- Record and cycle your sales calls in a database
- Thrive in a team environment
with customers and internal team.
- A minimum of 2 years of inside (telephone) sales experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A demonstrated record of consistent sales goal achievement
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to successfully communicate and negotiate
We would prefer you to have:
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
Then, we will provide:
- Proven experience with needs-based and consultative selling process
- Basic understanding of territory management (planning, prospecting, and closing).
- Presentation skills: ability to perform in front of groups
- Ability to understand financial statements, sales forecasts, and production plans.
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
- The opportunity to sell well respected education products from an industry leader
- Ongoing sales and product training
- Competitive base salary plus a generous bonus plan
- First day medical benefits
- First day eligibility for 401(k) with a company match!
- A company that cares about your quality of life!
- A unique, casual and creative culture with opportunities for advancement
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, technology, and services company for the higher education and K-12, professional and...