Share our pride. Join our mission.
At USAA, we know what it means to serve. As a Fortune 200 financial services company, we are dedicated to facilitating the financial security of the military community. Founded in 1922 by a handful of military officers, our success is due to our most precious resource, our employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and provide an exemplary work environment for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
USAA is currently seeking a talented Inside Auto Adjuster III for our October 28, 2013 training date for the Phoenix, AZ location.
As an Inside Auto Adjuster III for USAA, you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and adjust low to moderately complex auto claims presented by or against our insureds to confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitably settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. You will work under direct supervision, perform routine work assignments and problem resolution. You will recognize life events, understand member's needs and provide advice in order to deliver appropriate solutions to the member. Current insurance adjuster's license or ability to obtain within a designated number of attempts (if applicable). This position is in the call center environment and does not require any travel or work outside the office.
- Provides AUTO/CASUALTY claims service via internal channels (phone/email/fax/mail/other electronic channels) to members and third-party customers.
- Adjusts low to moderately complex auto claims. Severity of claims work includes liability, non-injury, and auto theft/fire losses.
- Acquires and applies basic knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages and the USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation. Partners and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Contributes to business goals and performance metrics, and effectively uses tools & technology. Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated CAT's.
- Current Adjuster's license or ability to obtain within a designated number of attempts.
- Availability to attend up to 5-6 weeks of paid structured classroom training. Training hours will be 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday with a licensing test during the 2nd week on either Friday or Saturday.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am-6:30pm and a possible Saturday work schedule from 8:30am-4:30pm. Schedules may vary based upon business needs.
- This role currently includes a pay shift premium for working hours after 6pm as well as 1½ pay for overtime or holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 6 months of claims adjusting experience OR Bachelors degree with no experience OR Successful completion of military service OR 1 year of recent USAA customer service experience working in a member contact capacity.
- Computer literate in a Windows operating environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at computer.
- Ability to work in phone intensive environment using headset.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Auto claims adjusting experience.
- Inbound phone-intensive/call center environment.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience with auto claims contracts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Currently working towards or has already completed INS courses.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including cafeterias, a company store and fitness center.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...