For more than 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 10th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries staffed by 10,200 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $52.2 billion in assets and $13.6 billion in revenues in 2012. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
We have emerged as a leader in the insurance industry not only on the basis of our size or our longevity. We consistently strive to build lasting relationships with our customers and 8,500 independent agents and brokers, and we aim to be the best at what we do by delivering unparalleled service and innovative, scalable and specialized products backed by financial strength and third-party endorsements.
Chubb is currently seeking an Inside Auto Claims Adjuster to join our team in our Western Claim Service Center in Phoenix, AZ.
As an Inside Auto Claims Adjuster, you are accountable for:
• Analyzing first reports and promptly contacting insured/claimants.
• Effectively evaluating contract language and identifying coverage issues.
• Promptly and appropriately developing the file to provide accurate and timely investigation and loss analysis.
• Maintaining an active file diary to move file toward resolution.
• Establishing accurate and timely reserves.
• Recognizing and pursuing recovery.
• Adherence to all statutory and regulatory fair claims practices.
• Recognizing and identifying potential fraudulent claims.
• Effectively managing the use, work product and expenses of outside vendors.
• Effectively evaluating claim facts and negotiating claim settlements.
• Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external customers.
• Serving as a technical resource to lesser experienced Adjusters on the team.
• Successfully contributing to the development and delivery of the team’s goals, objectives and results.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements and insurance regulations.
• Ability to work effectively in teams and with a wide variety of people.
• An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information.
• Excellent skills in the areas of:
Organization, time management and the ability to multi-task
Verbal and written communication and interpersonal ability
Negotiation and reserving
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum two years of claims adjusting experience
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by Diversity Inc magazine, one of America's most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.
Chubb Group - 30+ days ago