The Inside Business Development Representative works with Territory Sales Representatives to accomplish the goal of providing information (lead generation) which result in new accounts and the attainment of sales targets within each territory.
• Works in a team selling environment to meet and exceed sales quotas within each territory.
• Implements agreed upon Selling Plan.
• Conducts outbound sales call to customer and potential accounts in assigned territories.
• Communicate technical product knowledge that allows an effective sales presentation.
• Reach and conduct business telephone conversation with business owners and decision makers.
• Gather and submit detailed business information for presentation of solutions to identified customers.
• Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within assigned territories to maximize territory potential.
• Communicate with outside territory manager(s) on a regular basis as directed by supervisor.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Teamwork and Communication: Interacts effectively and cooperates with the IBDR team and all departments; viewed as a valuable source of support and expertise.
• Customer focus: Exemplifies high levels of internal and external customer engagement, is known as a go-to person for information and problem-solving.
• Quality: Ensures that information provided to the internal and external customers is complete, accurate and timely.
• Accountability: Strives to meet and exceed expectations of conversation rates and internal/external customer satisfaction
• Respect and Integrity: Communicates with respect and integrity to all colleagues and customers
• Have desired to grow into an Outside Sales position and be open to relocation
• Bachelor's degree in science related field
• Registered Dietitian experience a plus
• Sales experience a plus
• Knowledge of Metagenics products or ability to quickly acquire basic knowledge of products required to conduct effective sales calls
• Excellent phone skills, ability to cold call and obtain information from doctor’s offices
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint to create emails, letters, documents and presentations
• Experience in using software to maintain customer contact records
• Skilled at performing research on the internet and piecing together information
• Ability to use software to collect and analyze information
Metagenics - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Metagenics, Inc. is a life sciences company and leading developer and manufacturer of science-based nutraceuticals and medical foods sold to...