NCI: As the Inside Plant (ISP) Technician , ( Telecommunications Engineer ), located in Djibouti, North Africa , you will utilize your skills and experience as a qualified Information Technology Systems (ITS) Installer to provide engineering and installation services to support identified facilities with requisite communications and IT infrastructure. You will be responsible for the installation, removal, modification and maintenance of communications and IT end user devices inside existing or newly constructed buildings at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Perform work autonomously within an expeditionary, overseas environment
- Peform network drop additions, moves, and removals
- Acquire, install and integrate all components necessary to implement an Internal Cable Distribution and Protected Distribution System (PDS) to support NIPR and SIPR network access
- Provide site surveys, on/off site engineering, Bill of Materials (BOM) identification and procurement, site preparation, installation, verification testing and quality control for all internal NIPR and SIPR passive infrastructure projects
- Lead installation for passive infrastructure including simple distribution system, protected distribution system, raceway and/or stack connectivity between floors and communications closets, air-gap boxes, patch panels, and all other forms of connectivity not directly connected to a power source
- Address job orders for end user devices include desktop computers, monitors, multi-system switching devices, desktop VTC, scanners, printers, telephones, secure telephone equipment (STE)
- Ensure all aspects of the required PDS installation are accomplished IAW standards, policies and guidelines
- Perform site surveys and attend requirements/design review meetings
- Develop design drawings using the preferred legend in the USAFRICOM CDS (in AutoCAD, version 2005)
- Utilize USAFRICOM's Configuration Management System (CMS) to document, manage and track Critical Infrastructure Physical Plant Management data for the Inside Plant, Data Center, and Wide Area Network
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in network infrastructure installation for a military community
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Certified ITS Installer
- Certified ITS Technician
- Network Transport Systems (NTS) Specialist
- Two (2) years experience as ISP Technician with increasing responsibility
- OCONUS and military experience
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI Information Systems, Inc. - 9 months ago
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...