The iSAM role is directly responsible for generating revenue by selling Aspen’s products in high volume, short sales cycle transactions. This is a telesales, quota-carrying role that requires self- motivated individuals with a track record of over-achievement. The iSAM will use judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
As a member of the aspenONE Direct Telesales organization, the iSAM will sell software to an assigned geographic base territory to achieve assigned objectives. The iSAM will develop account penetration strategies to close business and is responsible for understanding Aspen’s product offerings and competitive issues. This person will work as a member of a sales team which includes field sales, customer support and business operations.
In this role the iSAM will have quota responsibility for an assigned territory. The territory is a combination of renewal business and whitespace.
- Develop and execute territory plan to maximize revenue
- Sell and promote Aspen Technology’s products to customers
- Successfully build and progress pipeline through proactive outbound
calling efforts to existing customers and prospects:
- Develop relationships with new prospects by following up on inbound leads and online evaluations; proactive cold calling; following up on outbound marketing
- Displace competitors by calling out to customers that have competitive products currently installed
- 60+ phone calls / emails daily
- Renew and grow existing AspenTech footprint within existing accounts
- Communicate AspenTech’s value proposition by understanding, at a high level, engineering and process manufacturing terminology and concepts, and the business problems that AspenTech’s solutions solve
- Develop a solid understanding of the customer’s buying process
- Consistently attain and exceed individual quota
- Accurately forecast in CRM system
- Manage the day to day backoffice inside sales process from beginning-to-end
- Negotiate contracts and business terms and conditions
- An energetic self-starter who is capable of quickly building a strong pipeline of potential business
- Must be results-driven and capable of delivering consistent new business and able to grow existing business
- Demonstrate effective selling and presentation techniques to influence the customer.
Aspen Technology Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering preferred
- A positive attitude, personal integrity, highly disciplined and organized, a desire to win and results-driven
- 0-3 years in Inside Sales, Channel Sales, or Lead Development role preferred
- Team oriented, self-starter who can work alone and in a collaborative manner to achieve team goals
- Familiarity with Aspen or similar products a plus
- Personal computer literacy including, Excel, Powerpoint and CRM tools