Increase market awareness, sales and profitability by increasing the conversion rate of opportunities with existing accounts, proactively identifying Request for Proposals (RFPs) and ultimately securing an expanding volume of new New Business Awards (NBAs).
· Assist/Lead the processing of DM & BSP RFPs & SOWs (expect 100+ SOWs in 2011)
· Assist in bid defense planning, documentation generation and coordination.
· Attend/set-up internal account calls
· Attend/set-up Shire client calls
· Envision transferring knowledge and ownership of Shire-specific DM & BSP pricing tools
· Works closely with key account director and engagement partner to continually enhance further account penetration of existing key accounts, face-to-face meetings and RFPs.
· Calling existing accounts and scheduling face-to-face meetings to open new therapeutic areas for business development.
· Regular client follow-up to build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders.
· Maintain and manage Sales Force database (SF.com) with all sales activity.
· Generate reports out of SF.com to highlight increases in RFPs, face-to-face meetings and new account penetration.
· Research accounts and identify new opportunities for PRA by monitoring pipeline through existing FSP communication pathways.
· Provide frequent updates to the business development team on activity and conversations with clients.
· Generate client interest for potential webinars, industry meetings and audio conferences.
· Distribute meeting materials and conference invites as applicable on behalf of key account team.
· Participate in the ongoing review of PRA business development procedures to ensure consistency on an international basis.
· Review of metrics on a weekly or monthly basis to assess productivity.
· Attend internal business development calls and meetings to discuss new opportunities and the overall sales pipeline.
· Work with the business development team to prepare for client meetings including presentations, handouts etc.
· Develop a sales methodology and strategy for increasing new account penetration.
· Learn messaging around PRA differentiators and be able to effectively communicate them to clients.
· Attend Industry Conferences
· Serve as backup for Account Director for GSK & Shire relationships
· Liaise with internal finance team to resolve timing and reporting issues in SF.com
· Coordinate and track documents through the contract execution process for FSPs and task orders, promotion process standardization and ultimately improving processes timelines with legal department
· Develop ad-hoc analyses in support of expanding relationship
· Tracking and identification of continuity enhancement opportunities with the developing preferred partnership
· Support of the proposal development process through review and collaboration with PRA resources
· RFI response leadership and coordination.
PRA is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- Undergraduate degree or its international equivalent in a health sciences discipline from an accredited institution required or equivalent experience.
- Inside sales experience or related experience that requires the employee to communicate with potential clients via the phone.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be familiar with maintaining and managing a customer relationship database.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate persistence and initiative.
- Familiarity with client pipeline reports.
- Familiarity with proposal process, legal and contracting process.
PRA International - 10 months ago
PRA International knows it takes more than laboratory research to get drugs approved. The company is a clinical research organization (CRO)...