Castle Metals, one of the nation's leading metal service centers, provides a broad base of metals, services, and logistics solutions to diverse industries, including aerospace, semi-conductor, oil and gas, automotive, and heavy equipment manufacturers. Castle is recognized as North America's largest distributor of carbon, alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum; titanium; brass and copper. Founded in 1890, Castle and its affiliates have over 40 operating and sales offices in the United States, Canada, and Mexico which support our domestic and international customers.
This position will:
- Focus primarily on growing the transactional plate business in the Cleveland market by selling value added processing.
- Respond to all general line customer inquiries via phone, fax or email by determining material availability, conformance to customer requirements, quoting prices, and providing a reasonable delivery commitment designed to obtain the customer's order or expanded order.
- Enter orders into the system and modifies or deletes as required.
- Read blueprints in order to enter quotes or orders for material processed in accordance with drawing specifications.
- Coordinate with customers, operations, traffic, outside sales, purchasing and sales management to expedite or troubleshoot customer orders.
- Understand and provide feedback to customers regarding operational capabilities and enhancements.
- Initiate telephone calls to customers and potential customers to solicit purchases of stock or to follow-up previously quoted business opportunities.
- Handle customer calls relating to complaints on orders by investigating the basis of complaint, referring problems to appropriate personnel, recommending action to rectify problems, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Act as a technical and market resource by counseling and advising customers.
- Arrange for outside purchasing of materials and services to fill customer orders or items not in stick, or not normally stocked and/or used.
- Utilize creative and innovative sales techniques to increase sales volume.
- Cultivate a strong product and market knowledge, as well as knowledge of the customer’s business and end use of material.
- Seek opportunities for product conversions.
- Look for opportunities for value added selling.
- Conform to company ISO and corporate procedures.
- Perform other related work as assigned including occasional travel with outside sales to visit a customer of vendor.
- B.S. Degree in Business preferred
- Training in key products, customer service, sales and quality
- Knowledge of Carbon, Alloy, and Stainless Plate products and processes
- Microsoft Word and Excel a plus
- Two (2) years inside sales experience with a full-line metals distributor is preferred.
A. M. Castle & Co. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard