Join SCP Distributors / POOLCORP, the world's largest wholesale distributor of swimming pool supplies and related backyard products and a billion dollar business! Founded in 1981 POOLCORP now operates over 280 service centers in North America and Europe, through which we distribute more than 160,000 national brand and private label products to roughly 80,000 wholesale customers. We have revenues of $1.9 billion, with operations in 10 countries and over 3,000 employees worldwide. Publicly traded on NASDAQ as "POOL", POOLCORP was cited as one of the top 10 IPO's of the 1990s, has been named one of the 100 Fastest Growing companies in America by both Business Week and Fortune, and was named one of the top 10 strongest performing stocks of the last decade.
SCP / POOLCORP currently has a need for an Inside Sales Associate for counter sales at our local branch. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated inside sales associate comfortable with excellent customer service skills selling industrial supplies and equipment to the trade.
Include but are not limited to:
- Assist walk-in and phone customers in a timely manner, representing the company in a professional manner;
- Build and maintain customer relationships;
- Determine make, type and quality of merchandise desired. Suggest selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasize selling points of item such as quality and utility.
- Assist customers with technical questions;
- Emphasize salable features, quote prices and credit terms, and prepare sales orders for orders obtained;
- Provide product demos to qualified customers on request;
- Document orders by entering proper information into the computer to generate an accurate invoice of products ordered to be picked up or delivered. Secure payment of invoice with proper funds or obtain credit authorization in accordance with company policy;
- Accurately locate and pull products from shelves;
- Assist the customer in checking and loading merchandise purchased at the counter.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules;
- May balance cash drawer at the end of each business day;
- Make followup calls to potential and existing customers to solicit additional business;
- Handle complaints, questions, and stock checks by telephone;
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries;
- Evaluate and determine disposition of warranty items handled at the counter, as prescribed by the manufacturer's warranty policy and customer needs;
- May enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database;
- Work with outside sales representatives to keep account activities;
- Maintain neat, professional product displays, changing displays once monthly;
- Promote monthly sales specials;
- Assist in receiving, shipping, and general warehouse duties.
Job Requirements :
The ideal candidate will have:
SCP / POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE M/F/V/D.
- High school diploma or GED; or 1+ years related inside sales experience;
- The ability to move 100 pounds with a dolly;
- Strong counter “presence” and the ability to deal directly with customers for a large portion of the day;
- Strong customer-service attitude;
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented personality;
- Good computer skills including MS Office programs;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment dealing with inventory, product allocations and customer issues;
- Familiarity with a related product line such as pool supplies, parts, chemicals or pool construction helpful.