LongTail Video is the premiere destination for online video solutions for publishers. We provide a popular suite of software tools that enables over 2 million sites to publish video to any viewing device, including desktops, smartphones (iPhone / Android), tablets (iPad) and connected TVs. Our flagship product is the JW Player, the most widely-used video player in the world that is downloaded by thousands of people every day. We are a fast-growing company that has raised two rounds of capital from venture investors.
LongTail Video has an immediate opening for a highly-skilled director of inside sales in our New York City headquarters. In this role, you will work directly for LongTail’s CEO to manage and grow all aspects of our inside sales efforts. This person will be our first full-time hire in our inside sales team and will be instrumental in building our team and processes. We are seeking someone who is passionate about technology and who is highly-motivated to build a world-class inside sales organization. This person mus thave a proven track record of success growing a sales organization from initial market traction to scale.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of inside sales representatives
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed metrics and influence revenue objectives
- Report performance metrics on a consistent basis to various stakeholders in the organization
- Develop, track and report sales commission on a monthly basis
- Develop reps into high-impact candidates for future advancement opportunities
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including call scripts, audience segmentation and lead conversion approach
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement and innovate new business processes
- BS/BA and 5+ years of prior sale leadership experience within the tech/software industry
- Proven track record of success growing a sales organization from initial market traction to scale
- Strong leadership skills that attract and retaintop talent
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Passionate about technology and possess a deep understanding of SaaS sales models
- Experience working in smaller startup environments as well as larger tech sales organizations
- Results-oriented with a sense of urgency and passion for winning
- Proven ability to partner with marketing team in developing and refining strategies to convert inbound leads to paying customers
- Highly data-driven mindset and passion for analytics
- Proven ability in motivating and managing people to achieve performance goals
- High ethical standards and level of integrity
LongTail Video offers highly competitive compensation packages including cash (both base and commission) and equity ownership. To learn more about us, please visit us at www.longtailvideo.com.