Primary Role · Responsible for appropriate application of our sales work process on selective pursuits to win work for the Company.
Core Duties & Responsibilities The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Manager is to drive disciplined application of our three-phase Relationship Based Sales (RBS) Process: (1) develop and advance client relationships prior to opportunity identification (Opening Game); (2) strategically position us for specific opportunities (Middle Game); and (3) develop high-quality opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals (End Game).
- Collaborate with Sales Lead and Capture Manager/Operations in developing distinctive value propositions that enhance our customers’ competitive position.
- Leverage global network to identify and put forward Jacobs’ unique capabilities and resources.
- Organize, direct and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables.
Learning Opportunities Learning opportunities are the key job-related assignments and accomplishments that constitute the “lessons of experience” from this position. This experience represents the essential building blocks for long-term career growth.
- Lead by example, Jacobs’ Beyond Zero program to promote an incident and injury free culture. Be proactive in ensuring health and safety of bid team throughout.
- Support Sales Leads and Operations in key Opening Game activities, e.g. client, competitor and market research, development of documented Core Client Strategies, participation in 10:1s, development of Executive Summaries and White Papers.
- Actively work with sales and operations to develop and implement Middle Game action plan, e.g. document due diligence in project brief, develop Win Plan (G to VP), SWOT analysis, and Executive Summary, conduct Go/No Go and strategy review, identify execution team.
- Plan, organize and direct all elements of End Game, e.g. analyze client request, develop response plan (B&P budget, response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), initiate Go/No Go, conduct Pink Team, conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with team to develop response sections, refine Executive Summary, conduct in-progress reviews, prepare Red Team package, incorporate Red Team input, schedule Pricing Reviews, ensure on-time delivery of response.
- For the industry sectors pursued by your office, develop an understanding of our corporate, regional and office qualifications including technical, managerial, commercial and competitive strengths that differentiate Jacobs in the marketplace.
- Translate the Win Strategy into key themes and drive them into sales documents through a disciplined storyboarding process that articulates compelling sales messages with benefits statements, graphics, and proofs.
- Work with Sales Lead and Capture Manager/Operations to develop B&P estimate, gain approval, regularly monitor B&P spending, and report any significant variances.
- Work with Capture Manager/Operations to develop innovative solutions, or leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to client challenges and create a distinctive competitive advantage.
- Develop and maintain qualification materials including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically work with Operations to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials.
- Share sales materials, information, knowledge and best practices with other Inside Sales team members company wide.
- Ensure that all sales documents comply with our Corporate Identity Program and client confidentiality requirements.
- Ensure sales process close-out procedures comply with requirements for SOX and ISO certification, as required.
- Provide support to Global Sales e.g. timely preparation of press releases, providing input to our Annual Report, and support of Global Sales initiatives as appropriate.
To be successful in this Inside Sales role, you must learn our relationship-based sales philosophy and approach, develop new relationships across the company and within your local team, and be an integral resource for knowledge management.
Training and Experience · 4 year college degree is required or previous industry experience can offset education requirement
- Apply and develop your strategic, managerial and leadership skills to enhance and broaden your career opportunities within the company.
- Develop further understanding of Jacobs Core Values and how they affect decision-making in the sales process.
- Learn the company and the constituent components of our business (e.g. markets, service mix, geographical reach, resources, disciplines) to further your ability to apply global capabilities on individual assignments.
- Develop and grow your global network within the company to enhance your personal effectiveness, including exposure to and network with senior management.
- Expand your Industry knowledge and understanding of client needs and expectations to make more informed business decisions.
- Enhance your interpersonal (verbal, written, facilitation) and command skills to improve your personal effectiveness and credibility in leading and motivating others.
- Gain exposure to a variety of complex challenges and participate in the development of innovative solutions to improve your problem-solving skills.
- Develop understanding and competence in review of client terms and conditions, pricing strategies and primary Jacobs’ financial metrics.
Other Essential Functions Other Requirements Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
- 5 years of sales or marketing within an AE company is required. Previous industry experience can offset this
- Strong capability in Microsoft Office Suite. Strong communication skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English (and other languages, as applicable)
- Work may be required after hours and on weekends, and sometimes on short notice. Must also be willing and able to travel.
Amount of Travel Work At Home Documents Title Type Description Category Last Updated By Last Updated Usage Update Delete No results found.
Jacobs - 18 months ago
Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and construction...