The Inside Sales Manager has responsibility for a team of inside and/or outside sales representatives to achievement of the team, canvass and overall division sales objectives. This individual has responsibility for the ongoing coaching and development of team members and their sales skills. The District Manager must also execute canvass plans in order to achieve objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors sales calls and provides coaching to team members to develop sales skills and ensure proper sales techniques are being followed. Coaching activities include demonstrating, training and development of follow-up action plan for each rep. Reviews sales rep plans for customer contacts and follows up after sales calls. Develops plans in conjunction with the employee when a re-service of the account is necessary to maximize revenue. Develops and communicates written evaluations and developmental plans for individuals. Responsible for meeting all “gold standard” coaching requirements.
- Manages sales team productivity to ensure revenue accounts are handled prior to revenue close and that optimum number of new customer and non-advertisers are called in order to achieve campaign objectives.
- Monitors monthly sales rep error reports to ensure accuracy standards are maintained and takes appropriate corrective action if necessary. Analyzes data to forecast sales results for team. Conducts all preparation and planning reviews and post contact analysis.
- Assists in development of canvass strategies and tactics to achieve canvass objectives.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring process. Seeks to find and interviews potential job applicants. Has significant input into the hire/fire decision making process.
- High School/GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year successful sales experience, advertising sales preferred.
- Ability to drive and inspire high performance and coach and course correct if performance is not achieved.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, written, listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all employee levels.
- Strong performance under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet tight deadlines.
The Berry Company - 7 months ago
The Berry Company is deeply committed to supporting the communities where we live and work. Our employees, who participate through donations...