The Berry Company is looking for a Sales Manager to join our team in St Louis, MO. The Sales Manager has responsibility for a team of sales representatives to achieve team, canvass and overall division sales objectives. This individual has responsibility for the ongoing coaching and development of team members and their sales skills. The Sales Manager must also execute canvass plans in order to achieve objectives. Base compensation and commission bonus will be earned based on team performance against sales objectives. Company benefits package includes 401K with immediate company vesting and match, medical, vision and dental insurance starting within 30 days, and comprehensive sales training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors sales calls and provides coaching to team members to develop sales skills and ensure proper sales techniques are being followed. Coaching activities include demonstrating, training and development of follow-up action plan for each rep. Reviews sales rep plans for customer contacts and follows up after sales calls.
- Develops plans in conjunction with the employee when a re-service of the account is necessary to maximize revenue. Develops and communicates written evaluations and developmental plans for individuals.
- Manages sales team productivity to ensure revenue accounts are handled prior to revenue close and that optimum number of new customer and non-advertisers are called in order to achieve campaign objectives.
- Monitors monthly sales rep error reports to ensure accuracy standards are maintained and takes appropriate corrective action if necessary. Analyzes data to forecast sales results for team. Conducts all preparation and planning reviews and post contact analysis.
- Assists in development of canvass strategies and tactics to achieve canvass objectives.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring process. Seeks to find and interviews potential job applicants. Has significant input into the hire/fire decision making process.
The Berry Company, a local advertising specialist of local online, search, video and print solutions, brings buyers and sellers together. With offices nationwide, The Berry Company serves over 150,000 local businesses in 41 states. The Berry Company recognizes its sales team through top producer awards, and year end recognition. If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today. Please complete your online application and profile. Thank you for your interest in The Berry Company!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 1 year successful sales experience, advertising sales preferred
- 5+ years sales management experience, preferably advertising
- Excellent working knowledge of mobile advertising, SEO, SEM, PPC, banner advertising and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Ability to drive and inspire high performance and coach and course correct if performance is not achieved
- Excellent verbal, presentation, written, listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all employee levels
- Proven track record to increase sales revenues, develop, plan, organize and implement sales programs and activities that exceeds growth, revenue, and sales objectives
- Strong performance under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
The Berry Company is deeply committed to supporting the communities where we live and work. Our employees, who participate through donations...