General Cable (GC) is looking for career-minded dynamic self-starters to fill Inside Sales positions available within our organization. Our Inside Sales staff is responsible to provide exceptional customer sales and support to GC’s established distributor/customer base. This includes timely response for pricing on quotes via phone or email; processing purchase orders; managing open orders from development to delivery; as well as resolving customer concerns on quality or service issues. The individual must possess a strong sense of urgency and ability to collaborate with business teams, outside sales, supply chain, transportation, AR and credit to ensure an exceptional customer experience. The Inside Sales associate is responsible to identify potential opportunities with customers and work to continually grow our customer relationships.
Inside Sales candidates are expected to successfully complete a 90 day training program which includes classroom instruction, e-learning and hands-on application. An Inside Sales professionals’ success is built on their ability to execute on an assigned “desk" with a dedicated customer base. Skills key to success and job requirements include:
Besides our initial training program, we offer a career path within Inside Sales for those looking to accelerate within our organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (no exceptions).
- A minimum of two years experience within the last 5 years on an inside sales desk handling sales, service or account management functions.
- Must possess solid multi-tasking and follow-up skills. Ability to organize and manage time is critical.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to control customer interaction via telephone with professionalism and finesse.
- Demonstrated analytical, documentation and problem-solving skills.
- Technical aptitude to understand product functionality, specifications and application use.
- Desire and ability to excel in an ever changing, fast paced environment.
- Self – motivated, both individually and as part of a team.
- Proficiency at MS Office Systems, Internet and solid keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of Wire and Cable Industry a plus.
For more information, please visit
General Cable - 22 months ago