As Inside Sales Representative you will engage in sales of Grass Valley Service Agreements and carry a quota that is shared with the Americas Service Agreements Sales team. Incumbent will qualify and follow up on sales leads provided by account executives, inbound calls, and outbound cold calling into customers defined by the SA Sales Director. You will build solid customer relationships and networks, generating opportunities to sell support agreements (SA) by actively reaching out to customers, with Grass Valley products and systems, as defined by the SA Sales Director. Lead role in keeping customers informed of Grass Valley's SA offerings through sales collateral distribution and other communication media and channels. May establish and maintain relationships with channel partners to assist with SA sales. Provides support to the regional sales team by assisting with SA proposals or issues upon request. Incumbent will assist in developing quotes for assigned customers maintaining professional delivery through partnership with the sales team. Participate in weekly forecast reports and other sales reports for the region. Maintain key metrics and other customer databases as needed. Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry, competitive posture of the company, and continually increases knowledge of company products/services.
Skills & Competencies:
- Build and maintain key metric reports which capture data that drives sales of aftermarket service agreements (SA).
- Communication of key metrics and opportunities to be presented to senior management team and external customers.
- Take inbound customer calls, determining customer SA need and taking ownership of customer inquiry to resolution.
- Take the lead on the development of customer quotes and proposals.
- Partner with a variety of internal groups to drive SA issues and communicate status to regional sales force and directly with customers.
- Generate leads by providing sales collateral on company SA offerings.
- Build strong customer relationships; actively listens to understand expectations, anticipate needs, and deliver professional on-time correspondence.
- Run base reports for assigned customers to reveal SA sales opportunities based on warranty / SA expiration dates.
- Answer call center inquiries regarding SA coverage for open cases.
- Maintain historical SA pricing worksheets for all opportunities.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM database
- Microsoft office suite, advanced level in Excel
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and listening
- Professional written and verbal communication skills that reinforces Grass Valley's brand
- Ability to be resourceful, build rapport, influence and collaborate with internal departments
- Must be detail oriented and quality driven with the ability to multi-task throughout the day
- Professional customer interaction with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Two (2) years inside sales experience encompassing the duties outlined in the job summary
This position will partner with the regional sales team, Operations (order entry and manufacturing) and the Global Service & Support organization in order to identify key opportunities, deliver business correspondence and SA proposals. This position will also interact with Strategic Marketing and Sales Americas.
This position will be customer facing and will interact directly with customers assigned by the SA Sales Director. Interaction will take place via the telephone and may, overtime, include face to face customer meetings.