Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
The Inside Sales Representative in the Transportation division serves as a primary resource for identifying business opportunities by identifying prospects and producing qualified sales leads for the sales teams to pursue. The position is highly focused on revenue generation and is engaged in activities including but not limited to outbound and inbound prospecting, mining sales lead lists, working with the sales team to vet and qualify specific opportunities and providing reporting/tracking of overall efforts. While the position is not directly charged with “closing” sales opportunities, it is responsible for uncovering and developing interest with prospects and maintaining a consistent flow of potential sales opportunities for the sales Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure sales pipeline remains full with qualified leads and prospects:
- Generate sales leads through outbound and inbound prospecting; research and analyze internal historical operational data, utilize available proprietary sales tools and targeted campaign development.
- Develop and mine prospect lists.
- Work with the product teams to develop product specific lead campaigns based on data collected from prospect research, evaluating their position in the industry and researching and analyzing sales options.
- Handle requests for further research into lead opportunities – i.e. internet requests from potential clients.
- Develop call scripts and procedures for prospecting
- Develop and maintain an internal resource library for lead generation
- Implement tracking and reporting of efforts for management visibility
- Work in conjunction with the corporate marketing team to support special trade or marketing events.
- Participate in special projects and assignments in support of the overall Sales function
Education and Experience: : Associates’ Degree with one to two years’ experience in a transportation or logistics environment with a focus on direct sales support, marketing, customer service and communications; o r equivalent combination of education and experience. College Degree preferred but not required.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 8 months ago