This position is responsible for maintaining logistics involved throughout the sales and service process of our customer base; strong customer service skills, recordkeeping and technical orientation are a must as they relate to high-tech equipment. The ability to support Outside Sales operations by performing the following duties:
- Responds to requests from customers and salespersons on matters pertaining to the application and operation of high-technology equipment.
- Assists with the planning and presentation of training programs and other professional growth opportunities for customers and salespersons in the planning and operations of high-tech equipment.
- Assists with ongoing technical training and issues as they arise in support of customer base. Requirements include the ability to learn various software programs.
- Provides a technical support role for computer software programs utilized with products sold.
- Determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired by being familiar with products sold in the department by use, vendor, location in warehouse, catalog and catalog number, other reference materials, and special selling points.
- Identifies and uses appropriate company and/or customer pricing systems.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person to receive orders for products.
- Coordinates local agreements.
- Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices, terms and delivery for standard, complex, or non-standard merchandise.
- Prepares cash or charge sales tickets with required identification, obtain necessary information for customer, merchandise, price, and sales tax status for processing, shipment, and delivery of merchandise in a timely manner. Follows up with any specific record-keeping requirements.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of our own firm’s delivery schedules.
- Assists in customer credit issues as directed.
- Reviews complaints concerning billing or products sold. Referring complaints to designated departments for investigation and resolution.
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business transactions.
- Work with Purchasing Dept. to resolve any potential inventory obsolesce problems as directed.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.